017 ; quiz me, baby

song that inspired this chapter ; hate to see your heart break by paramore

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"The dullest knife just sawing

back and forth

And ripping through the softest skin
there ever was"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Jungwon woke up in his dark room to the sound of his alarm blaring, turning and twisting in his sleep from the noise before begrudgingly getting up to turn it off. He searched for his glasses in the pitch black darkness, before finally hitting the button to turn on the lamp beside his bed.

Outside he heard a knock on his door, then came in his sister. She walked in holding a ponytail holder in her teeth, getting all up close and personal with his body-mirror that she just loved to hog. Jungwon blinked at her in confusion, trying to adjust his eyes to the light. "Father is downstairs.. he would like to speak with you." She said whilst fixing her hair.

Jungwon groaned, rubbing his temples in annoyance. It was still dark outside, it being only 5 in the morning. The twins like to get an early start on their day as always. He got up from his slumber and made his way downstairs to face his parents who'd finally returned from their summer business trip.

Mr. Yang sat at the breakfast table with his arms crossed, his wife across from him- her cat-eyes fixated on the beauty magazine in her hands. His father straightened up when he saw his son, fixing the glasses on his stern face.

"Jungwon" he said.

Jungwon bowed before his parents, it was practically muscle memory for him at this point. "Goodmorning" he said, trying to sound the least bit of cheerful. The Yang twins parents can be a bit.. strict and somewhat traditional. There was no room for disrespect when you're infront of them.

"Take a seat son" Mr. Yang pats the seat next to him and Jungwon does just that, taking a seat next to his father.

His mother, Mrs. Yang, looked up from her magazine in excitement. "Jane tells us you and your sister have been good while we were gone. We brought home souvenirs from Seoul, we even got you your favorite; a brand new chessboard!" She exclaimed, clapping her hands together.

Jane is the family nanny and house sitter. She looks after the house and the twins when their parents go on long destination trips.. and you can only imagine how many of those they go on. Jungwon examined the chessboard on the table. It was intricately designed with wood markings on the side that read his initials. Jungwon loved to play, he used to collect all types of chessboards.. but he'd slowly outgrown it with time.

His parents very obviously didn't pay much attention to him, they only got him things they deemed in his best interest. He couldn't tell that to them though, as always. The boy forced a pleasant smile.