013 ; human nature

song that inspired this chapter ; i wanna be yours by artic monkeys

"If you like your coffee hot, let me be your
coffee pot...

You call the shots, babe

I just wanna be yours."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

School was officially out, and partying was in. The dork holy trinity + Yoon swiftly made their way down the hallway, exchanging their outfit plans for tonight. Out of the corner of his eye, Sunoo spotted the music room door wide open. He peeked inside.. and there stood Na Jaemin, cleaning. His friends were already at the door, waiting for him.

"Kim Sunoo, are you coming or what?" Jungwon hollered.

"I'll catch up with you guys! I need to do something." He yelled back. His friends looked at eachother and laughed

"Good luck~" Yoon sang teasingly.

Sunoo gave his friends the middle finger as soon as they walked off. He made sure he was alone, then inhaled.. and exhaled, trying to calm down his nerves before going in that classroom and making a fool of himself. There was a possibility he'd be totally rejected, and Na Jaemin would tell him no.. But Sunoo had high hopes.

"Knock, knock.. can I come in?"

Jaemin turned around to the sound of his voice, his face lighting up when he realized who it was standing underneath the doorframe. "Oh hey Sunoo! Sure, come in. I was just preparing some of the music for the play, wanna hear?" Sunoo gave a shy nod before joining him on the piano bench.

He watched intently as the boys fingers moved elegantly on the piano-keys, as if he were born to do this. The pink-haired boy held his breath all whislt he played out of pure astonishment.. watching as the relaxed look on his face turned into concetration.

He was captivating.

He'd ended his concerto gracefully, then looked at Sunoo. "Whaddya think?" he smiled. What did he think? That piece had practically brought him to tears, that's what he thought.

"That was really beautiful Jaemin."

Sunoo's hand went flying to his mouth, had he really said that cheesy shit out loud? Jaemin laughed, making Sunoo feel immediately ten times lighter just from the sound of his laughter.

"I performed it for the homeless shelter I work with every weekend and they seem to think so to."

Of course, he even did charity work. As soon as Sunoo thinks he can't get any more perfect, he proves him wrong.