019 ; where art thou romeo?

song that inspired this chapter ; gorgeous by taylor swift

"You're so gorgeous
I can't say anything to your face

'Cause look at your face..

And I'm so furious
At you for making me feel this way"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The morning after yesterday's catastrophe started off slow, which just proved there could be calm after a big storm. Sunoo knew it wouldn't last long though, nothing ever does. It was about 9 AM and the boy was in a rush trying to fit his converse on over his own foot. Chaeryeong stood at the staircase distracted and on her phone.

When she had heard the news that her brother and Kim Sunoo had finally made up, she made her way over to the Lee-Kim estate in a hurry. It was her job as the designated driver of the trio to take them to school after all. The girl had been awfully quiet and more to herself than usual though, sneaking looks at her phone in secret.

Sunoo got up off the ground and dusted himself off. "Jungwon! We're gonna leave without you if you don't hurry up." He yelled fron the bottom of the steps. Jungwon had been catching up on the homework he missed yesterday in order to sleepover at Kim Sunoos house. Sleepover or not, he refused to be behind on his work.

The boy came rushing down the steps with his sleepover bag and bookbag slung around his shoulder. "Sorry guys, I'm ready."

The trio walked outside to the car and hopped in, Jungwon throwing his bag in the trunk. It felt right finally being a unit again after all that fighting, Sunoo never wanted to accept another ride to school from his older brother ever again. "Chaeryeong we've gotta stop at starbucks, I am not going through today without caffeine.. that's for sure" Sunoo said, running his fingers through his hair.

All Sunoo could think about last night were the possible rumors that were gonna be spread at school. He should be used to it by now, being the butt of every rumor so far this year.. but all he could feel was the pit in his stomach growing larger with every second. Chaeryeong pulled into the drive-thru window and stopped the car.

"Sunoo what do you want? I'll pay" she said gleefully. Every now and then Chaeryeong wasn't completely opposed to treating her friends.

Over the years Sunoo had perfected his very own starbucks order down to the very last detail. He'd always get a white chocolate matcha latte, with extra sweetener. The pink-haired boy had a humongous sweet tooth. "The usual, extra sweetener.. thank you chaer~" Sunoo hummed in response, scrolling patiently through his instagram feed.