Tearful Farewells and Amends

Just one more chapter to do and that's the whole main story done.

....................................................................................................................................

Payaka carried them towards the small rock island where Tsireya and Atuiko awaited them with Neteyam's body. They dismounted the Tulkun and in an instant, Tsireya hugged Sylwa, relieved that she was safe. Atuiko hugged Lo'ak tightly too.

"Thank goodness," Tsireya was so relieved that they had all returned home.

"What about our families?" Atuiko asked as he was hugging Sylwa. Hearing all those booms and explosions, he feared for the lives of their people.

"Don't worry. They're all right," Lo'ak assured. "Tsu'tey saved them all," he turned to his best animal friend. He stroked him but Tsu'tey brayed.

No. We saved them together. Tsu'tey corrected.

"You both saved them all," acknowledged Tsireya.

Lo'ak didn't want to call himself a hero. He only did it because he knew it wasn't right to stand back and do nothing. His father patted his back, proudly smiling at him for his selflessness. "You saved all those people out there,". His son tearfully pursed his lips.

Whilst the twins hugged Tsireya and Atu, Neytiri cradled Neteyam's lifeless body whilst Tuk held his hand and sobbed. The grief-stricken Jake sat down silently and cut the bindings from Kiri's wrists. They heard a loud splash and turned to see Spider climbing onto the rocks.

"Monkey boy," cheered Kiri; he approached her. And she touched his chest, overjoyed with relief.

"Spider," Lo'ak walked over and gave him a hug.

"What you did underwater..." Spider breathed. "I've never seen anything like it,". The family were intrigued to know more about how Lo'ak was capable of what he had done.

"It's so good to have you back," Sylwa walked over and hugged him tightly. "We're never letting you go again," she promised.

Jake approached him and pulled him into a hug. "Come here," he pulled the twins into a hug which they accepted. A son for a son. Spider was now officially part of their family, no matter what.

....................................................................................................................................

A few hours passed. The sea warriors were still recovering from the battle, tending to the injured who had managed to swim ashore and the Skimwings. Roxto helped his father sit up slowly. He was all patched up and Ronal managed to get the bullet out of his abdomen. He breathed and his tearful son hugged his side. He patted his back. "Where...where's your brother?" he asked.

His eldest son didn't know. But they heard water shifting and everyone turned around to see Payaka sailing towards them, the Sully parents, Tuk, Kiri, Sylwa and Tsireya on her back whilst Lo'ak, Atu and Spider were on Tsu'tey beside her. The Navis' hearts sank when they saw Neteyam's lifeless body in his mother's arms. His eyes closed and dried blood. The boys were horrified as well. Once they were close enough, Lo'ak helped Atu ashore and he ran into his brother's arms. Then Tsireya leapt off Payaka and ran into her brother's arms. Then they were engulfed by their parents, overjoyed that they were all safe.

"Dad," Atu fell to his knees and saw his bandaged wound. He couldn't believe how close he had come to losing him like his mother. They had fought with one another for months but now that they were here, all they felt for one another was love and forgiveness. He sobbed loudly and embraced him whilst his brother hugged both of them.