Payaka's Past

Three days passed and all seemed quiet. No more reports had been heard of the Sky people. Still, the threat was out there. And Jake and Neytiri had made it extra important to know everything each of their children was doing. The twins talked to neither their father nor their brother; they were so angry at them for making them feel so trapped. Neytiri tried to mend the estrangement between them but neither of the twins was willing to listen much to her distress.

It was a late afternoon. Whilst their parents were away getting fish, Neteyam was pacing towards the tent. He stayed where he was right out of sight of the entrance. "Guys..." he spoke up. "Can we just talk?"

"They're not talking to you," said Kiri from nearby, arms crossed. She too was outraged at her brother for what he'd done. "First you accuse them of being reckless and endangering our lives. Then you get them confined like prisoners to our hut,"

"I was just looking out for them,"

"Really? That's all you can say?"

"I'm not jealous if that's what you're assuming,"

"You are jealous. I can see it in your eyes. You haven't even tried to meet Payaka or Tsu'tey and yet you still treat them like they're killers and savages. At least Tuk and I were willing to give them a chance. If you saw how much fun Tuk was having with Tsu'tey, you'd understand," she walked away to find Tuk, leaving him to shut his eyes and sight. He walked to the tent. He didn't care what Kiri said. He was going to talk to them. "Look guys..." when he entered inside, he gasped to see it was completely empty.

................................................................................................................................

Tsireya and Aonung were chilling out when Atuiko and Roxto came running to them. "What is it?" she knelt up.

"Lo'ak and Sylwa went beyond the reef,"

"Why would they go without you?" asked Aonung, knowing how inseparable they had become.

"They were afraid of getting me into more trouble. But we need to try and find them before their dad gets even more mad,"

Instantly the four called ilus and started swimming off, later on joined by Neteyam having summoned his own and become desperate to find the twins before they'd get into even more but something told him, that was most unlikely.

................................................................................................................................

On their ilus, Lo'ak and Sylwa looked back, glad that their dad wasn't following them. They had waited for the perfect opportunity to make an escape for it. "I feel guilty leaving Atuiko behind,"

"We can't afford to get him into any more trouble," Lo'ak couldn't bury the guilt he had felt from facing the outraged general the other day. "Sylwa, do you think Paya will be able to tell you why she's an outcast?"

"I hope so. It's the only way to help her,"

"When Aloa saw my memories she saw Payaka and she believed me when I told her she wasn't a killer and that she saved your life, but she said, if she's to tell the other Tulkun of her innocence, she needs to know what really happened,"

"But how am I to ask her without upsetting her?"

"You'll figure it out. We both will," he encouraged.

"I'd rather do it alone it that's okay,"

They arrived at the three Brothers Rocks and to their delight, Payaka and Tsu'tey awaited them. The moment they arrived, the told them everything that had happened and they were so disheartened to learn that they had been confined like prisoners by their own dad. Though relieved he didn't know about their forbidden friendship with them, they feel deeply guilty for what happened. Still, the twins declared it was not their fault and that it was their choice whether or not to come and see them.

Avatar the Way of Water (My Version)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें