Chapter 18 - Hello Cousin!

"Rain rain, come again, come again another day. Let it storm, watch it pour, I can watch you once again~"

The storm was brewing outside as flood waters were pouring through.

Throughout the Great Jura Forest was an unprecedented storm season that hadn't been seen since Rimuru's incident.

"There is a rather large amount of rain today."

"Mhm! I wanna go outside and play in it."

"I understand Lord Rimuru but I don't really recommend it."

"Awe..."

Rimuru seemed a bit upset but he understood why. After all, even in his Slime form, he could still get wet from the rain. Although he could definitely just use Gluttony to clear it up.

<<Gluttony is easy to lose control of. As a result, trying to use it as a cleaning tool is a terrible idea.>>

<Booooo...>

What to do, what to do?...

Oh!

Rimuru decided to pull out some materials out of his Stomach to see if there was anything that was water repellant.

"Lord Rimuru?"

"I need an umbrella... I wonder if I could make one... let's see... it take... umm..."

<<Unfortunately it would be impossible for you to make Pongee. In addition, there is no plastic alternative.>>

<What?! Can't you make it though?!>

<<Insufficient materials. Required material is the Sticky-Steel Threads infused with Water Resistance. Unfortunately there is no safe way to bring that material into the Stomach.>>

<Hm.>

Rimuru spat out some Sticky-Steel Threads and proceeded to use a slightly unleashed form of Gluttony. In the process, accidentally destroying part of the carpet of his house.

"L-LORD RIMURU!!! THE CARPET!"

"Woops..."

Treyni was now upset with him. Rimuru had clearly forgotten the Grand Sage's prior warning about using Gluttony.

<<...There was no safe way to bring that material into the Stomach.>>

Rimuru could feel the sensation of a Sigh from Grand Sage.

<S-sorry...>

"U-um... let's see..."

Rimuru proceeded to spit out a good amount of Pongee that was needed for the Umbrella.

"Let's see- ACK!"

"Lord Rimuru! Stop playing around already! Even if you make... whatever it is you're making, I won't allow you to go outside in this weather!"

"But-"

"No buts. I apologize, Lord Rimuru, but now is not the time."

Rimuru was rather upset and went up to the upper floor of the house.

As he went into his room, he hopped into the hammock he had and rolled about in it.

"..."

Rimuru was pouting and looked out the window which he could see lightning through. It was storming and the lightning outside became louder and boomed more.

As Rimuru was looking at the window, a bunch of vines covered it up.

Rimuru was slightly confused until he could hear Treyni talking from downstairs.