Chapter 14 - The War for Power

The war resumed once more... With the storm having subsided, the Orc Lord spent no time hesitating. The simple command was 'trample them'...

Hundreds of thousands of Orcs presumed their march into the Lizardmen homeland but they encountered extremely stiff resistance. Turns out the Tengu Warriors were able to organize and travel from their homeland over into the battlefield as well. Despite the threat of Frey, they knew that if a Demon Lord took hold of the Great Jura Forest, their village would be demolished. For the young heir of their nation that was born of Kaede, may become the next victim of the Demon Lords if they didn't win. They must not lose this battle...

The Tengu fought hard and their superior talents and combat efficiency through their abilities allowed them to decimate the Orcs. Yet... all it took was a single Tengu Warrior to fall before the Orcs obtained the advantage against them. The Tengu only had the superior talent and began to falter as the Orcs began to properly predict their strikes. The Orcs were growing in strength consistently. Several hundred Orcs were being defeated on a constant basis but they kept coming back, more and more every time. Each defeated Orc simply added further into the total strength of the Orcs over all. They stood zero chance standing against the Orcs in any shape or form... Defeating the Orcs meant nothing if they simply came back more powerful than before. Each dead Orc simply was devoured and added into their total mass, adding more and more into an endlessly growing collective. Each one feeding their own power right back towards the Orc Lord.

"There's too many!"

"Retreat for now!"

"Help me!"

Shouts of terror and screams of wailing men as the Orcs kept marching forward, devouring all in their path. The Orcs never lost strength while the unified forces across the Great Jura Forest were constantly becoming weakened from the forces that kept coming forward against them. Endless wave tactics only served to bolster and strengthen those from behind. Even if they kill a single enemy, their total strength rises beyond what they were previously capable of.

"Chief! What do we do?" One of her subordinates was panicking, they were pushing forwards into the marshland. This terrain didn't fit them and ever since the Orcs had devoured one of the Lizardmen, they had complete control over the terrain as well. It was impossible to stop them and only the Lizardmen could now face them without a terrain disadvantage.

"I... we need to continue on. Follow the lead of the Lizardmen, this is their terrain after all..." Kaede had to trust the Lizardmen but ever since they lost their Chief, they weren't the best strategists. They had temporary leaders for now but it was unknown how the children of the chief would develop in the future. They just needed to trust their temporary leadership...

The Elder was blitzing through endless waves of Orcs but each Orc he killed didn't slight them at all. The Elder continued rampaging but eventually his stamina would run out... his movements were already getting slower. There was no chance he could keep it up forever...

The quantity that the Chief of the Ogres used [Ogre Flame] were numerous, it was the most effective as it destroyed the bodies before the Orcs could devour them but eventually the effectiveness dwindled as they ran out of magicules to spam the powerful technique, the rain only made the problem far worse. They could only use it so much... the surrounding magicules weren't suited for heat... they were suited for the rain...

Although the Merfolk present found the surrounding magicules extremely suitable for their attacks. They were amplified and launched powerful water blasts and several [Water Blade] towards the enemy frontlines. Several Orcs would be cut down but they would continue marching forward. They devoured their comrades and gained strength to eventually resist their enemies.