Chapter 6 - Chaos in the Canaat Mountains

Where exactly have we been going?

It's been about three months now since we've departed up north although me and Ranga have gotten side tracked a lot since then. There were a whole bunch of monsters I never saw before that I devoured.

There were Giant Bears, Horned Bears, Grave Lizards, Blade Tigers, Barghest, King Crawlers, Knight Spiders, Giant Ants, Unicorns, One-Eyed Owls, and even something called a Cowdeer which is just a cow mixed with a deer. I devoured each and every single one of them and took their forms as well! Although I felt bad for eating the Unicorns... I really thought they would taste like Rainbows...

I received some interesting Skills during the process like [Tantrum: Increases the users physical power], [Keen Eye: An improvement to vision allowing the user to see farther into the distance, allows the user to see in the dark as well.], and [Voice Cannon: Powerful shock wave attack launched utilizing sound.] although most of them wouldn't really help much right now, although I thought that when [Grand Sage] does another reorganization that it would help improve more of the Skills I already had. I really could only take in more power and learn how to use that power... although I wish I could use Shizu's Sword, it didn't really help much when the power from my Skills was just better in every way... I continued up north for a while and most the time I rode on Ranga's back.

"Ranga... are you sure you like me riding on your back like this, I can just walk y'know-"

"IT DOESN'T BOTHER ME IN THE SLIGHTEST MASTER!" Ranga started to howl and seemed worried... I wondered if he was actually enjoying this?...

We've been traveling for a while but I wasn't sure where exactly [Grand Sage] was guiding us. There were several times I thought we got what we were looking for after killing a certain monster but [Grand Sage] simply said that it was a sidequest. I really enjoyed this but after spending months with [Grand Sage] and Ranga on this trip, things have been getting more and more boring. There was really no excitement so I wasn't exactly happy... Although there wasn't anything fun in the forest. Papa was more fun to talk to... he gave nice stories and I really wanted to hear more from him. Ranga was only a puppy when I first met him but the stories his papa told him were nice. His papa described parts of the forest to him and the law of the land that I learned from my papa, it was 'Survival of the Fittest'. Only those who were strong survived, he said suddenly that he thought he should've died but he was strong! If he didn't last that long alone in the cave without food and water, surely he was worthy of 'Survival of the Fittest' right? You can't expect a baby to just survive without their mama and papa!.. I really am an outlier aren't I?

{Yes. The circumstances for you were far different than any other individual. You have not reached maturity but you already possess an enormous deal of power.}

While I was traveling on the back of Ranga, [Grand Sage] was actually training me. Not physically but more mentally. At least I was able to learn more about complex words like 'Sanity', I really am in a bad spot... [Grand Sage] always seemed so worried but I was fine, even without a mama or without papa at the moment, I could still survive by myself! There was nothing in this forest that could hurt me! I don't really think so, but I can't be pessimistic. [Grand Sage] taught me that as well. [Grand Sage] also made me train in how to use my sensory skill in [Universal Sense]. It made my brain hurt like absolute hell until I figured out how to properly use my slime body. Turns out I wasn't actually using my slimy body to its full potential because every single bit of it could become a brain if it wanted to or pure muscle if needed. I could convert portions of my body into pure strength if needed or into pure calculating power. I could calculate things and it really felt like I had two brains working at the same time. No, multiple brains at the exact same time. I could think and figure out anything by myself, I didn't need to use [Grand Sage]'s constant advice if I just used my head, or chest, or legs.