Chapter 15.5: Distortion

More than a year ago...

The world remained within balance but the tedious balancing of powers was slowly being upset. A war of power was occurring, some intended to gain the upper hand on their opponents... yet no one knew how to gain more power, they could only hope their opponent made a mistake allowing for the filling of the power vacuum...

There was only one source of bringing in unknown powers with little risk... an eternal void filled with the lives of millions... lives that were unable to live...Souls, a gathering of hundreds of thousands from all known time periods of the world from within and beyond this world were sitting dormant. They were unresponsive towards most things unless one were to conduct a ritual to summon them. Yet, the souls that were the most powerful tended to be the first priority to be summoned first before any other souls could. They all sat patiently in the eternal void until their time came to free them from this hell...

[Justice King Michael] was attempting to find and utilize ways to harvest the powers of reincarnation and obtain the powers of those waiting for reincarnation. [Justice King Michael] hoped that by interfering enough with the circle of reincarnation, that the Skill [Hope King Sariel] may appear and force regulation or even the possibility of finding [Covenant King Uriel] that might house Veldanava's soul... unfortunately... What the Skill ended up doing was empowering a singular soul trapped within the system.

A sudden boom of energy capable of shattering the space between dimensions roared through as if the fabric of the world was becoming imbalanced. Such a rumble shouldn't be possible but shouldn't cause much trouble as long as nothing matched up with the power of [Ultimate Dominion]... unfortunately the pieces were in place for something to happen. A single soul had matched up exceptionally well with [Justice King Michael] far more than should be expected, it reacted violently... exceptionally violently...

[Destiny Bond] took effect...

The soul that synced with [Justice King Michael] would break through the circle of reincarnation and enter the world prematurely. The break was small at first, after all, it was a singular soul... but suddenly enlarged itself as another soul followed suit as if following the young soul. Soon enough, more souls began to enter the crack and began to scatter throughout the world. The Voice of the World began to react violently as well as suddenly a whole load of new souls now needed to be managed and registered by the World System. Many of the countless new souls came out empty handed with no Skills while a few lucky ones were blessed with power...

The soul that followed the young soul only ended up finding itself being redirected somewhere else by an unknown force, as if the force was drawing it towards the location for familiarity...

"O-où suis-je??" The young girl looked around terrified. She had no idea where she was or what this place even was...

"Léon?" She called out, her voice only echoed around the room. Nothing responded...

She was in an area of unknowns, a place that was beyond this dimension, a zone that shouldn't be accessible normally...

She looked about and saw a bridge of light that spiraled towards the top of some unknown. She turned around and saw a completely black corridor that she had no idea where the end led towards. She chose to walk towards the bridge of light since it looked far more welcoming...

She walked across the bridge but she was shivering, there were no rails and because it spiraled, she was scared that she might lose her footing while walking on it. It could very well collapse since it felt like she was walking on air itself... but she was a brave little girl...

As she got towards the top of the bridge, she stood atop a small tower in the center of it all. Below her was an endless abyss but something about this place felt familiar...