Chapter 5 - Monster Hunt

I had been playing with Ranga during the morning. Most of my Skills have been completely put out of commission since [Grand Sage] started reorganizing everything. I've been playing with him for a while now and soon I watched him do something incredible! We were playing tag and suddenly I watched as Ranga hopped into a shadow of a tree! How did he do that?!

{...}

Oh right... [Grand Sage] is still out of commission...

"Ranga! Was that a new Skill you learned?"

Ranga popped his head out of the shadow suddenly in front of me, "Yes Master! It was [Shadow Motion]! I learned after staying in the darkness of the cave for so long! The shadows can be one's friend if used properly!"

"How do you do that?"

"Sit within the shade for a bit Master!"

"Ok..."

I sat within the shade of the tree waiting and saw Ranga pop directly out. It kinda makes me realize how much bigger Ranga has become! He's become as big as me!.. Wait, wasn't it like a day ago that Ranga was about the size of my arm? How did he grow so quickly?!

{...}

I really wish [Grand Sage] wasn't busy... guess these are questions that can be answered later...

"First, one must become one with the shadow. View the shadow as another space, another place that can simply be traveled between. Use the magicules in you and transfer those within the shadow!"

Ranga hopped into the shadow... transfer myself into the shadow? I tried to move my magicules around within my body and suddenly I felt myself slip into the shadow. Where am I even?

</Master! How do you enjoy the shadows!/>

This is so cool! Wait, this is [Thought Communication] right?

</Yes Master!/>

...I wonder if [Grand Sage] didn't need to touch [Thought Communication]...

</What's a grand sage?/>

Oh! N-nothing! Moving on! So these are the shadows right?

</Yes Master! These shadows allow one to move much quicker than one would expect! Look, over there in that spot is the den while here is the tree./>

That's like a really short distance... can I-

I accidentally slipped out of the shadows and found myself in the den where the Charybdis' Core was... how did I exactly end up here?! I was thinking of distances and I thought about how far away the other den must've been but... No... I think I understand a bit now, I can travel between shadows as long as I know where I want to go. I slipped back into the shadows and found that it was empty. I just needed to know where I wanted to go now. Back to the den with Ranga!

I slipped back over and found myself in the den with Ranga seemingly worried.

"Master! Where did you go?"

"I slipped into the wrong area I think... I remember being in a different cave so I ended up slipping into there instead."

"I guess because I didn't go far, I didn't suffer such a slip up like you did Master!"

"You're probably right. That was incredible!"

[Shadow Motion], if I use this right, I could find myself going to completely different locations without any worry! Maybe I could even just go-

{[Shadow Motion] needs to be organized.}

Wait... no!

I immediately tried to enter the shadows but I immediately realized that I couldn't phase into them anymore.