Chapter 12 - Migration

Author's Note: Used [Alteration]

{ } has now become << >>

-----------------------------------------------------

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S JUST GONE?!?"

"I'm sorry! He just simply vanished! We didn't see him leave through the door!"

"You idiots! Did you even bother watching the windows for possible intruders as well?!"

"We were but we got distracted by the slime horde moving through..."

"Slime... horde..." I looked over to see Treyni and Trya extremely distraught. Rimuru ran away...?

"Papa! What's going on?!" The entire village was in pandemonium at this point, I wasn't surprised that my daughter was already worried.

"Rimuru is gone... he left during the night looking at it after a slime horde came through... he must've used the distraction to leave..."

"So he joined the horde?!"

"Joined the horde?" Wait... she's right... Rimuru is a slime so if he vanished... he must have joined that massive slime horde!

"WE NEED TO FIND HIM IMMEDIATELY!" Treyni was panicking.

"Yes!"

"Understood Lady Treyni!" The guards both quickly cooperated and immediately ran off.

"Shouldn't the slime horde come back the other way around eventually?" I asked, Treyni stared at me with a dead expression.

"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHERE THAT HORDE IS GOING?!?"

"W-where?"

"Towards the most magicule rich area that is nearby! Demon Lord Territory!"

This... this is bad... Rimuru is wandering right into danger!

Suddenly, I felt leaves flowing behind me as Doris appeared.

"DORIS! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN-"

"WE HAVE MAJOR PROBLEMS SISTER! The entirety of the Great Jura Forest is entering war!"

"H-huh?!" War, what the hell was going on?!

"Massive movements are being made by the Orcs in the south where they have begun moving west, whatever happened there is not a single soul alive to explain. I tried to ask the Orcs but they tried to attack me stating they were hungry... Something else major happened in the Lizardmen Kingdom, apparently whatever happened there, their king was randomly found assassinated. Witnesses say it was done by that damn bird wearing bastard after they rejected his name! The entire kingdom is in upheaval since his heir is too young to take the throne!" Doris was panicking, so that's where she's been then... she's been trying to manage the forest but there's massive problems brewing...

"Sister... Rimuru went missing in a massive horde of Slimes! We need to find him before that horde ends up entering Demon Lord Territory! The slime hordes are usually small right?! We just need to find the one that went through-"

"No... this can't be all happening at once..."

"What is? Explain!" I couldn't help but ask, Doris seemed even more distraught.

"The hordes of slimes emerging are the largest I have ever seen... without Veldora and the magicules of the mountains, the slimes have all begun to emerge all at once, this entire forest is in pure jeopardy... even the slimes are beginning to go on a rampage eating whatever wherever just to sustain themselves."