Chapter 17 - The Beasts

Author's Note?:

"Alright, time to work on this later, I could probably finish a chapter soon."

Several rounds of procrastination later...

"...Eh... I can do it later..."

Another several rounds of procrastination...

"...what's wrong with me..."

(You have ADHD.)

"Oh... right..."

Anyways, I'm real sorry I haven't made a chapter in about...  2 months! ADHD is a pain in the ass and even when I'm invested in something, I get distracted real easily by quite literally anything else. Lately a bunch of interesting things happened and I ended up becoming addicted to another series called "Reincarnated as a Sword".

Anyways, I'm back now.

For now at least...

Hope you enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------

A month had passed with the Great Jura Forest having settled down into a state of peace and stability. The widespread chaos that erupted a year earlier had finally come to a close but more troubling storm clouds were looming ahead...

"Clayman! Clayman! I've heard the news! You really met a man who claimed that they could revive Lord Kazalim!?" Tear was beyond ecstatic. Their investigation into the Great Jura Forest was followed immediately by this sort of news. A human claiming to revive their lord? It definitely felt like a lie at first glance.

"Heheheh... he wasn't spouting lies." Clayman was just as optimistic as Tear was. The guy seemed extremely shady at first. Yet, Laplace could see it within the guy that he was telling the truth since his Unique Skill [Seer] was telling him that he very well could. If Laplace could trust the guy, Clayman could trust him as well. The fate of their master was on the line and they couldn't risk the chance of losing it.

Tear was jumping around happily hearing that she may once again get to see Kazalim. Although it truly depended on whether or not they could accomplish the task given by him. Help him take over the world...

He needed quite a lot of materials and needed quite the bit of power and prestige to do so. Clayman just needed to support his organization behind the scenes, correct? After all, it seems like that Grandmaster got himself in quite the financial pickle from the rapid growth of the Free Guild. Making a guild that big, that fast in such a short time would not be an economically viable move unless you obtained some sort of financial backing? What better financial backing than from the great Demon Lord Clayman? Although it was risky if that guy was found out.

Clayman simply raised a wine towards his mouth and began to drink. These times were just going great. There were plans in place since he had successfully captured some young dragons. They were perfect for manipulating and controlling, their fears and terror, all of that regret and sorrow were just what he needed. They provided quite a good bit of information despite him not being able to communicate with them. After all, he just needed to extract the information from their very being in order to see what was going on. What was impressive was the information he pulled...

A small child riding on the back of a wolf, what looked seemingly harmless at first became a death sentence for them. Their comrades charged in to ward off and feed on what looked to be quite a delicious human only to end up demolished and obliterated. They fled as the word spread from dragon to dragon. Hundreds of dragons had perished in what could be considered a genocide. Now here some of them were subservient to Clayman, the alternative was death after all.

As Clayman was busy thinking about how fortune's been looking up towards him, Tear snapped him back towards reality.

"Clayman? Aren't you gonna hear the report I got for you?"