Chapter 7 - The Ripple Effect

It's been nearly a year now, Shizu hasn't come back yet... I sent her off on a mission to check up on the Sealed Cave where Veldora was but yet she hasn't come back. I thought that if anyone was capable enough to investigate the current situation for us, it would be her. Instead, I feel like we've sent her to her death. She should have returned by now but she has yet to even send a message.

I kept shifting through papers for the Adventurer's Association where some major news was being marked up about how Shizu's student, Yuuki Kagurazaka, was slowly implementing major changes into the Adventurer's Association and reworking the extremely shoddy systems in place, apparently he had reworked previously known system from the Beginner to Advanced Class into a F to A Class System instead. He was growing up pretty well and with his growing influence throughout the world, surely he would've made Shizu proud...

"Ughhh, Shizu.... I'm sorry... why'd I have to send you on that damn mission..."

"Sir?"

Ah, I nearly fell out of my chair, one of my subordinates just came in with some information. Blumund's king recently took favor with me because of my analytical magic that I used to use for my gathering expeditions. My skills weren't exactly the best but they were the best here in Blumund. I took the information from his hand and it was disturbing to say the least. Approximately a week ago, something had entered the Canaat Mountains, the aura could be felt all the way into the Dwarven Kingdom but it kept repeatedly vanishing before anyone could figure out where it was coming from. Soon enough, it was tracked to the Canaat Mountains but before any action could be taken, the aura had completely left the area. Recent expeditions by the Dwarven King Gazel Dwargo had apparently found that the dragons of the area had dispersed, or at the very least, weren't present anymore. The guardian of that land, the Fire Dragon, was completely gone although the marks of the battle were not... whatever that aura belonged to, it had fought the Fire Dragon as there were scorch marks, pillars of spikes, partially blown mountain tips, collapsed cave, giant pitfalls, and many more weird anomalies throughout the land. There were caves that had only a single entrance that couldn't be explained by normal dragon behavior since the caves were mostly sealed off yet they were definitely home to dragons. The entrance hole however would be too small for any one dragon but rather a human instead. Whatever had happened there caused a massive ripple effect as now the remaining dragons which had once predominantly resided within the Canaat Mountains were now fleeing the mountain range at alarming speed. Many kingdoms have been told to go onto full alert... this was information that was released to the other kings rather than being withheld, who knows what kind of information they actually have...

-=====-

"Sir! These are emergencies that must be promptly taken care of, we need a more thorough investigation of the Great Jura Forest. Whatever went through the Canaat Mountains surely had gone into the forest?"

"Are you an idiot Vesta? Pushing forward something like that might just encourage it to come to Dwargon! That Fire Dragon never leaves its domain and now the dragons are fleeing the area like crazy into the west!" Another of my ministers argued with Vesta, this was truly something hard to think about. In all my time as king, there was no more troubling time than uncertainty.

Recently that 'Storm Dragon' Veldora had vanished from its cave. Much of my staff presumed it died as a result of being sealed away for so long but now the recent incident in the Canaat Mountains seems to disprove that the 'Storm Dragon' simply died but was rather killed instead... There's some sort of dragon hunter around and it's targeting the dragons of this world. The most assumable place it will go next is up into the mountains of Dwargon and into the Dragon's Peak to try and get a swing at the Wind Dragon that resides up there.