18. 𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘺'𝘳𝘦 𝘢 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘳𝘵

Start from the beginning

══════════════════

As the prisoners stood still and impatient from where they were forcibly held, the tense silence was swiftly disturbed by the three commanders who finally decided to come back. What they noticed was that Shockwave was holding an odd device in the form of a big sphere.

Bumblebee's optics went wide after realizing what he was holding, "An Energon Harvester?"

"It can't be." denied Bulkhead, "That relic was destroyed years ago!"

"Correct." the scientist confirmed, "This is an enhanced version based on the design of its original creation. I was able to give this one more than just an ability to harvest Energon, unlike the one that you've destroyed."

"So what?" Sideswipe asked totally unfazed, "You just made a copy of it and gave it a small upgrade, big deal."

The lieutenant gave him a strict optic to shut his intake and looked up at Shockwave once again, "What do you mean by more than just harvesting Energon?"

"Siphons a huge amount of any source of power and energy from its targets." the one-eyed Deception clarified further, "It could be stored and transferred not only to its user but to any other living being."

Starscream loomed over as he held his servos behind his back, "Have you used it on any other test subjects before, Shockwave? How can we be sure this thing won't start multi-functioning during the process?" the seeker asked untrustingly.

"Do not underestimate my calculations, Starscream." the purple 'Con gave him a warning stare, "I have examined the relic, it is fully operational and I could certainly clarify that there are no signs of failure. For side effects, however, I cannot guarantee."

Rainbow had to double-take that last information, "What did you say?!"

"You can't just use that thing to take our magic!" Sunset protested out loud, "These elements of friendship are supposed to bring harmony, not destructiveness!"

The seeker rolled his optics in annoyance, "Power is power, no matter what, fleshling. You can do whatever you desire to do with it!"

"That's not how it works at all!" objected Twilight, "We use our magic to protect and help anyone in need." during their argument, Knock Out's sharp digits touched his stasis-cuffs, the medic got an idea and tried to unlock the cuffs with his long claws while they were distracted.

"Enough!" Shockwave interjected, "I am not going to waste any more cycle with such nonsense." the scientist went to the computer system and noticed one of his tools was on the ground. His antennas raised in awareness as he stared down. The Decepticon lifted his helm and looked at the screen, only to see that the signal blocker had been shut down and a message consisting of their coordinates had been sent off to a secret receiver. Shockwave focused his attention on the prisoners and his red optic immediately landed on the element of magic who stared at him back with a glare.

Unexpectedly, each robot and human felt the trembling earth underneath them, tiny rocks were falling from the ceiling with each slight shake. Detonating sounds could be heard outside of the facility, "What is that noise?" Starscream activated his comm-link, "What is going on there?!"

::The Autobots, sir!:: a Vehicon reported through his audial, ::They are he--!:: a loud explosion interrupted his sentence and became static. 

"Autobots? How did they even manage to find us?!" Starscream shouted in rage and glared at the other standing robots.

Shockwave, however, did not take his optic off Twilight, "You are clever." he said and approached her in a treating way, the girl tried her best not to show any reaction of fear as he came closer to her glass cage, he slightly leaned down to her eye level, his bright red optic lurking at her steady body, "But not clever enough." he turned to the two commanders, "Investigate and do not let them come any closer." he ordered and went back to the console. Starscream simply nodded and left, Soundwave following him right afterwards.