Chapter 88

After that day, Ning Xiuyun visited Ning Xuan several times.

The boy was in good health. Although there was no risk of premature death for the time being, he still had high fevers from time to time. Ning Chuqing and his wife were anxious and asked many times in secret and overtly to know when Ning Xiuyun would return to Beijing.

Ning Xiuyun's return to the capital means taking over the power of the capital. It will not be difficult to get a precious medicinal material from Emperor Jiaxing's private treasury.

Ning Xiuyun also knew that there was no way to delay it any longer, so he met with the ministers to formally discuss returning to Beijing.

In the main hall of the Temporary Prince's Mansion, Ning Xiuyun was sitting on the main seat, holding a tea cup in his hand, looking at the officials sitting in the hall, bored.

Jian Xun stood beside him holding a long sword. General Jian, who had experienced battles on the battlefield, was full of momentum. Just standing there made people subconsciously hold their breath. The sense of presence was really too high.

The officials who originally came with excitement to advise the prince unconsciously became silent.

Seeing that Jian Xun was there, they even thought for a moment that the prince was not asking them to choose a date to return to Beijing, but that he was asking them to choose their own death date.

Pei Yan coughed twice, attracting Ning Xiuyun's attention. After the other party nodded to him, Pei Yan stood up and said: "His Highness called you here today to agree on a date to return to the capital. The convoy must be on the winter road. I wonder what you guys think about returning to the capital before the trip is difficult?"

Pei Yan was very capable and had already spent a dinner party to win over the officials in the southern patrol team. Not only did he follow his lead, but he also respected him.

Pei Yan started, and when the officials saw that the prince had no intention of stopping him, they all started speaking.

The impatient one said directly: "We think we should set off immediately. We can travel lightly and many things can wait until next year to be sent back to the capital." 

Someone observed his words and knew that the prince was reluctant to return to the capital: "This is wrong. It is necessary to ensure that His Highness's return to the capital is foolproof. If something goes wrong, who will take the responsibility?"

Guan Maoshi, the governor who had sided with the prince early, also followed up and said to Xini: "Indeed, this matter still needs to be carefully arranged."

Everyone talked a lot, everyone said something to me, and finally the departure date back to Beijing was set for three days.

Ning Xiuyun was quite satisfied with the result. Seeing that everyone had reached a consensus, he simply announced the end of the game.

Only then did the officials understand that the prince's appearance today was just to show his attitude, and that the other party did not care about the various procedures of returning to the capital.

Fortunately, there was Pei Yan who greeted them and politely sent everyone out.

"This thing is so annoying..." Ning Xiuyun complained. He reached out to take off the iron mask on his face, and stretched out his hand towards Jian Xun, "Look at my temples, are they red again?" 

Jian Xun understood. Pulling him up from his seat, he looked carefully at the small red mark. Although he knew it was not painful, he still frowned and rubbed it, pursed his lips and said, "A little bit."