Chapter 37

For a moment, the two looked at each other in silence, and there was only the sound of rustling falling leaves all around.

The night was dark and the fallen leaves were flying. Ning Xiuyun missed the panic that flashed through Jian Xun's eyes.

Ning Xiuyun was the first to put away his sword and sheathed it. He asked, "Why don't you hide?"

Jian Xun cupped his fists and saluted. With this action, he quickly calmed down the surprise in his eyes.

impossible.

His Xiu Yun was now on his way to Xiangcheng. How could he, a mere servant of Zui Feng Tower, be related to a person like the prince?

He must have seen it wrong. The two are just somewhat similar in body shape.

Jian Xun had long heard from Shen Qi that His Highness the Crown Prince's appetite was so light that he was more slender than an ordinary man. Although it was not harmful to his body, it had already caused the guard camp to worry.

Shen Qi also told him that if His Highness the Crown Prince asked him to dine at the same table, then he should do so. It would be more useful if someone accompanied His Highness the Crown Prince.

That's why Jian Xun was neither surprised nor shirkable when His Highness the Crown Prince gave the order.

It's just that their bodies are similar.

There is no other possibility.

With divergent thinking, Jian Xun completely suppressed the thoughts that flashed through his mind before, and replied respectfully: "There is no killing intention in His Highness's sword power." 

"That's the reason." Ning Xiuyun said clearly.

Ning Xiuyun shook the long sword in his hand and said to himself, that's right. Jian Xun is an expert in this field, so he won't even know whether he really wants to kill him.

He walked to the stone table, and Jian Xun followed him.

Ning Xiuyun put the long sword in his hand on the stone table next to him, lifted up the hem of his clothes, and sat down on the stone bench sideways.

"Jian Qing is very skilled in martial arts. Since he has such a great talent, why didn't he go to southern Xinjiang?" Ning Xiuyun asked softly, holding his chin with one hand and stroking the scabbard with the other hand.

This was what he had always wanted to ask Jian Xun, why did this man not go directly to the battlefield in southern Xinjiang as in the original book, but stayed in Jiangcheng and came under the command of the prince under Fu Rushen's arrangement.

In Daqi, people like Jian Xun who did not take civil or military examinations had the only way to get ahead if they wanted to get ahead. When the two of them parted, he thought things would develop like this.

Ning Xiuyun raised his eyes to look at him, not wanting to miss any change in this man's expression.

Jian Xun looked solemn and said, "I originally wanted to go to southern Xinjiang. Before I left, I heard that His Highness was coming in person. Lord Fu told me about the recommendation, so I thought it would be better to work for His Highness." 

Better?

Ning Xiuyun felt that this was not Jian Xun's sincerity. This person was either deceived by Fu Rushen or he wanted something.

However, Jian Xun had an old grievance between his father and the royal family. Whether he went to work under the crown prince or to go to the southern Xinjiang controlled by the fifth prince Ning Chuqing, he was still a member of the royal family, so Jian Xun had to choose one of the two.