Chapter 65

Pei Yan didn't seem to notice Ning Xiuyun's scrutinizing gaze. He observed the endgame on the chessboard with great interest. The completely consistent chess style resulted in an evenly matched fight. It was exciting, but it lacked the fun of playing games with others.

So Pei Yan asked very considerately: "Your Highness, do you want to play a game of chess with me?"

Ning Xiuyun raised an eyebrow: "After finishing the work, you come to Gu's place to hide?"

Pei Yan was not annoyed, and he Gu Zi picked up a sunspot and dropped it calmly.

If the mountain doesn't come, I'll do it. Before Ning Xiuyun agreed, he just took action himself.

"Your Highness, if you spare Wei Chen once, you will definitely be more dedicated in the future." Pei Yan joked.

In fact, only the finishing work is left for this settlement, and Pei Yan no longer needs to keep an eye on it. Having a Shen San over there is overkill.

He reported one by one: "The list of items copied from the house has been made, and the memorial to be submitted to the capital has also been written. When is Your Highness going to send it to the capital?"

Ning Xiuyun glanced at him and looked at the unexpected piece on the chessboard. Heizi was a little unhappy. Pei Yan's chess style was as cunning as his own. There was no conspiracy at all. At first glance, he felt like he didn't know what he was talking about.

"There's no rush. If you don't choose a capable person, how can you send him to Jinshang?" Ning Xiuyun raised his hand.

Pei Yan: "It seems that Your Highness already has a suitable candidate?"

Ning Xiuyun nodded, "Do you know who it is."

Pei Yan paused and said, "Your Highness, this is also an act of transgression."

Pei Yan raised his eyebrows. The two looked at each other and saw interest in each other's eyes.

It's arrogant, but it's very interesting, perhaps more interesting than the bloodless fight on the chessboard.

"When did you guess it?"

"Your Highness, this is a secret."

"Huh."

A draw.

The two soon started a new game. This time they did not chat anymore and devoted themselves to the game.

But until Jian Xun tied up Liang Fan and came back, the game between the two could not end.

When Ning Xiuyun saw Jian Xun come back, he threw the white piece in his hand into the chess set and got away as soon as he said he wanted to get away. He didn't care about the life or death of Pei Yan who had already killed him.

Pei Yan, who was still holding the sunspot in his hand: "..."

He was depressed and looked sideways at the three uninvited guests. Unfortunately, his eyes couldn't kill people, otherwise these three people would have died a hundred times.

Shen San came back with Jian Xun. His face was full of joy. He walked to the prince's side and reported the good news: "Your Highness, Liang Fan's private property and the turnover of Zuifeng Tower this year have been collected."

Ning Xiu Yun cast a questioning look.

Shen San compared a number with excitement. It was comparable to the prince's salary for ten years. It could be said to be a great harvest.

"Well done." Ning Xiuyun praised.

Jian Xun, on the other hand, grabbed Liang Fan by the back collar like a dog to death and dragged the frightened eunuch into the yard.