Chapter 3

When Shen San heard this, his body froze immediately. He recalled something, and some cold sweat broke out on his forehead.

The current emperor of the Great Qi Dynasty, Emperor Jiaxing, has been pursuing immortality and enlightenment ever since he ascended the throne. In his early years, he recruited an old Taoist with white hair and beard from somewhere to serve as a national preceptor. He had no doubts about the divination results of the imperial preceptor.

The current prince, Ning Yuan, has been receiving divination from the imperial advisor since he was young. Before he ascends the throne, he is not allowed to show his true face, otherwise the Great Qi will be in chaos.

Therefore, the prince has been wearing a mask specially made by the imperial master since he was a boy. Except for the emperor and the prince's cronies in the East Palace, no one has seen the prince's real face.

Before the bloodbath by the river, only a few people in the guard camp had seen Xiu Yun's true appearance, and Shen San was not one of them.

Shen San was indeed good at observing people's emotions. The leader of the guard camp who was closest to the prince in the past was the first one he killed. That leader was a young general appointed by Emperor Jiaxing from his imperial army.

It was by taking this opportunity that Shen San stood out from the crowd of guards, and he naturally became a staunch henchman of the prince.

Shen San still remembered that in the few personal guard experiences he had when he was in the capital, he had witnessed the prince trembling in front of Emperor Jiaxing. He was clearly more afraid.

And what Xiu Yun is doing now is truly disobeying the emperor's order and confronting the man in the capital.

The prince's behavior after he recovered from his illness made Shen San, who felt a little cautious, not dare to take a step further.

He asked hesitantly: "Master... I keep everything well and will never be discovered by others, but that Mr. Yun..." 

This was to excuse himself and make his position clear.

The remaining people in the guard camp now went abroad for the first time in their lives to accompany the prince on his southern tour. They had no idea about the origin of the Qingguo. As for whether he was really related to the royal blood, or he just happened to look similar. , then it is unknown.

Xiu Yun was still eating breakfast slowly. The chicken soup stewed with lettuce and lotus seeds was indeed more stomach-warming than the previous cup of cold tea.

The spoon turned twice in the bowl. Xiu Yun looked thoughtful and did not answer Shen San's hint.

Xiuyun does not need subordinates with overly active minds. If the emotions of the superiors can be easily understood by the people below, they will not be far from falling from the pedestal.

In the long silence, Shen San's back became more and more bent, but Xiu Yun refused to speak, which made Shen San's originally somewhat proud heart sink to the bottom.

"Take it out and take a look. Don't let it get moldy." Xiu Yun said slowly.

Shen San nodded in response, and his tense nerves relaxed a little.

The things were placed in Xiu Yun's current room. Shen San opened the closet and took out a few-inch-long box from under several packages.

Made of aged sandalwood, it has an unattractive appearance, and is so simple that ordinary thieves would not open it and look at it.

Shen San brought the box to the table and slowly opened it in front of Xiu Yun. He saw that the box contained a human-skin mask, a white mask covering the upper half of his face, and some items for Bottles and jars of care.