Chapter 34

After the prince said these cold words, all the guards present knelt down on one knee inside and outside the study: "I understand that I will live up to your highness's trust!"

Ning Xiuyun nodded in response and signaled to Shen Qi. Be sure to keep the account books.

Shen Qi always does things properly, but now that Shen San is not around, Ning Xiuyun is used to leaving everything to her.

After Shen Qi got the order, she immediately left with the wooden box in her hand, and the study suddenly became quiet again.

Ning Xiuyun unfolded a piece of rice paper, picked up the pen and was about to dip it in ink when he realized that Jian Xun had been sent away by him today, Shen Qi had a mission again, and the inkstone was dry and there was no ink to use.

The guard on the side was also smart and stepped forward and said: "Your Highness, please come down."

Ning Xiuyun shook his head. He didn't have to write anything, but he was always used to doing something when his inner mood fluctuated greatly. Distraction.

Just as he was about to refuse, there was suddenly a rush of footsteps outside the study.

Ning Xiuyun raised his eyes in confusion.

The sound of footsteps was getting louder and closer, but what came before the visitor was the sound of wings flying, accompanied by a "gu-gu-" sound.

Ning Xiuyun heard it clearly and immediately opened his eyes slightly, and then a black shadow rushed over in his field of vision.

The blue-feathered pigeon flew quickly and stopped just before hitting Ning Xiuyun. It flew around Ning Xiuyun several times and finally landed on Ning Xiuyun's shoulder, while it kept shouting "Cuckoo". At the same time, he tried to touch Ning Xiuyun's cheek with his slightly pointed beak.

This seems to be an act of intimacy.

The guard on the side took a breath, fearing that the pigeon that suddenly appeared would do something treacherous.

However, the prince raised his arm slightly, and the pigeon flew onto his arm. An Ran stepped on the prince's golden arm and twisted his neck to look around, as if he was inspecting his new territory.

Ning Xiuyun couldn't help laughing.

He stretched out his hand and caressed the pigeon twice. It was smooth and oily, and the touch was even better than before it was separated. It seemed that the people traveling with it not only did not abuse it, but even kept it well-fed and well-fed. This dove was offered.

"Little peacock?" Ning Xiuyun called softly, wanting to see if the little guy still remembered his master after going out for a while.

The little peacock turned his head when he heard the sound, looked at him with a pair of bright beady eyes, and jumped a few steps into Ning Xiuyun's arms. He not only remembered Ning Xiuyun, but also felt a sense of attachment after seeing him again after a long separation.

"Come back?" Ning Xiuyun asked while touching the feathers of the little peacock.

Naturally, these words were not spoken to the little peacock. Although the pigeon was somewhat spiritual, it could not understand human speech.

The instigator arrived belatedly and hurriedly entered the study.

Shen Wu knelt down in front of the table in a dusty state.

He was wearing a black night clothes, which not only looked tattered, but also seemed to have a vague sour smell. His hair had not been taken care of for an unknown period of time, and it was frizzy, like a ball of weeds. His face was blue, and the dark circles under his eyes were very serious. He must have not had a good rest for a long time.