Chapter 14

Xiu Yun actually doesn't like candied fruits and other snacks, except when he was seriously ill and drank those extremely bitter Chinese medicines, he would eat one to suppress the bitter taste.

Normally, he would find this thing too sweet. People are always sensory animals and are often paralyzed by this kind of dopamine secretion. It is easy to be too relaxed and lose vigilance.

Although he didn't like eating it, Xiu Yun was in a good mood when he saw this thing.

That man was listening in the corner on the roof last night. He must have heard all the nonsense that Shen San said. Not only did he listen, but he also bought it for him early, which was considered thoughtful.

He picked up the oil paper bag containing the preserves, turned around and walked into the house, temporarily placing the things on the table.

Xiu Yun was a little embarrassed. He wanted to put this thing away as a collection, but after all, it contained food. Even if things like preserved fruits had a long shelf life, they would inevitably deteriorate after being stored for a long time.

It's okay to keep it, but it's a pity.

Just as Xiu Yun was thinking about it, Shen San knocked on the door and came in, bringing today's food and taking away Xiu Yun's toiletries.

Shen San's ears were sharp and he could see clearly what Xiu Yun was holding in his hand with just one glance. He immediately spoke loudly and was speechless for a moment before saying: "Young Master Xiao is interested. That shop didn't open until five o'clock. I'm afraid it wasn't last night. As soon as he left, he ran to squat at the door of the shop, right?" 

He didn't ask about the shop specifically, it was Shen Qi who was talking to him. Today she said that the food in this restaurant was good, and tomorrow she said about the snacks in that shop. It's delicious. The other person probably ate it all with the salary in her hand.

I don't know why a woman doesn't like dressing up, but instead acts like a glutton, looking for delicious food everywhere.

Xiu Yun groaned and said to Shen San: "Find a box to put it in."

Shen San was about to take out the silver needle to test the poison, but when he heard this, he suddenly became confused: "Master, don't you plan to eat some before dinner?" 

"I don't like to eat something sweet." Xiu Yun said in a calm voice.

Shen San scratched his head, not sure why. How could he remember the sweet Tremella Fungus and Lotus Seed Soup last night, and His Royal Highness still used more than half of the bowl?

But Shen San really doesn't know much about Xiu Yun's preferences.

His Highness the Crown Prince was almost ready to keep his emotions secret. Except for the time when Lord Guan recommended his children to His Highness, Shen San had never seen His Highness the Crown Prince's emotions leak out.

Xiu Yun didn't notice that Shen San had a strange expression. He took off the bamboo slips wrapped in oil paper and put them on the table. After thinking about it, he put the things into his sleeves.

Shen San followed Xiu Yun's instructions, found a golden nanmu box from his luggage, and put the bag of preserved plums in it.

After playing it, I couldn't help but sigh. Shen San felt aggrieved for the fact that such high-grade wood only contained a package of preserved fruits.

It's a pity that a lot of money can't buy His Highness the Crown Prince's pleasure. Shen San didn't dare to go against the Crown Prince's wishes. He watched his nose and heart, standing beside Xiu Yun, waiting for him to finish his breakfast.