Chapter 51

The camp suddenly became dark, and it was silent for a long night. The only sound left was the unsteady breathing of the two people.

Jian Xun's heart beat in an unprecedented panic. The prince's words instantly brought all the most secret fears in his heart to light. Just thinking about it made his blood run cold.

He sat stiffly beside the soft couch for half the night, feeling distracted. He originally planned to slip away after His Highness the Crown Prince fell asleep, but the Crown Prince seemed to have something on his mind today, and it was not until the fourth watch that his breathing became much longer.

His vision was dim, but Jian Xun was not sleepy at all. He glanced at the prince's couch, stood up and left the tent, the curtains shaking making a slight sound.

On the bed, Ning Xiuyun opened his eyes, raised his hand to take off his depressed mask, and looked at the top of the tent with clear eyes.

Jian Xun left the camp, avoiding the guards on duty, and wandered aimlessly in the camp. He didn't go far when he saw Fu Jing at the edge of the shooting range.

This man rarely changed out of his long shirt and wore an indigo riding outfit.

Jian Xun found it strange. He bypassed the shooting range guards and flew to the tree closest to Fu Jing at the shooting range. He sat there with his knees bent and made a puzzled sound. .

"Practice archery at night?"

Fu Jing has not loved martial arts since he was a child. When he and Jian Xun were laying the foundation together, he couldn't bear the hardship of practicing martial arts, so he hid in his room dejectedly and asked Fu Rushen. 

What is he doing now? Cramming?

Fu Jing had just drawn the bow, and was so surprised by the sudden words that he loosened his grip. The bowstring rebounded, and the arrow pierced into the ground.

He raised his hand to cover his chest and gasped a few times, his heart almost beating out of his chest. He looked along the source of the sound, and sure enough he saw Jian Xun sitting on the tree.

The moonlight was bright, and the dense tree canopy cast a row of shadows on Jian Xun's face. Coupled with the bitter and resentful expression, he looked like Yama on patrol late at night. Fu Jing was the kid who was about to be captured.

This was the second time he had been threatened by Jian Xun in recent days, and he didn't know when this man's elusive habit would change.

Fu Jing looked around, and still remembered that it was late at night. He pointed at Jian Xun on the tree and cursed in a low voice: "Why don't you go to bed and scare me? If this continues, I will die of heart palpitations sooner or later." 

Jian Xun looked innocent: "I was just out for a stroll. Who knew you were so leisurely?"

Fu Jing walked out and pulled out the feathered arrow stuck on the ground. "I'm so happy, right? I fall asleep completely when I think about the banditry being pacified." It's gone."

Jian Xun wondered: "It's not like you're going to fight."

Fu Jing clenched his fists and looked at Jian Xun resentfully. He didn't know what happened to this man today. He was attacking his wounds as if he had taken gunpowder. Sprinkle salt on top.

Only at this time would Fu Jing regret not learning martial arts properly as a child, otherwise he would be the only one who broke into the bandit camp in a few days.

But everyone has his own destiny. He just doesn't have that talent. He was born without the ability to practice martial arts. It can be seen from his fragile little body.