Chapter 28

Shen San didn't know what His Highness the Crown Prince's plan was, but he had just been told to think twice before acting. He didn't ask his doubts immediately, but was prepared to think about it himself.

He stood at the prince's table, preparing to take up his last post. When Jian Xun came back, he would only see Pei Yan's stinky face every day.

Shen San felt a headache just thinking about it, and felt that it was better to rest her eyes during this time, after all, she would have to look at dirty things for so long in the future.

Unfortunately, he was not able to shine in his position for too long. Soon a colleague came to report that Jian Xun had returned and was about to enter the mansion under the leadership of Shen Qi.

Ning Xiuyun sent him off: "Let's go quickly. Pei Yan is at the inn now. If you want to go in a big way, it's best to let everyone in the convoy know."

Shen San scratched his head, not quite understanding the Crown Prince's intention, but still nodded. He responded: "I understand."

In order to avoid bumping into Jian Xun who entered the house through the front door, Shen San jumped out of the window of the study and slipped away through the back door along the path.

Shen San walked in such a hurry that everyone ran out a few meters away, and the window was still open.

The guard in the yard was about to clean up the mess for his commander. Ning Xiuyun raised his hand to stop him, preparing to do it himself, and to stretch his stiff body.

Pressed down by this heavy python robe, he was somewhat breathless.

Ning Xiuyun walked to the window and raised his hand to close the window. After doing this, he put his hand on the window frame and felt something slightly wrong.

He kept Shen San's identity secret in order not to expose himself to Jian Xun, which was reasonable. But why does it seem like he has a guilty conscience everywhere?

Standing by the window, Ning Xiuyun looked at the closed window, and somehow his mind recalled the times when Jian Xun had climbed through the window several times.

But the windows of this mansion clearly bear no resemblance to those of Zui Feng Tower.

But thinking about the back of Shen San jumping out of the window, Ning Xiuyun took a few steps back in disgust. This man was hiding in various places. Is it possible that he would avoid the main entrance like this in the future?

He raised his hand to call to the guard beside him: "Shen Jiu, seal this window. No one is allowed to leave from here in the future." 

After setting this precedent, wouldn't it be true that cats and dogs would dare to break through his window? This kind of bad behavior should be stopped at the source.

The window was sealed. The air turned cold in late autumn, so it would not be a problem if the window was not opened. If not for the interruption from Fu Rushen's official document today, Ning Xiuyun would not have stayed in the study for so long.

Besides, in the future, Jian Xun can walk in through the front door openly.

As for Shen San, Commander Shen is highly skilled in martial arts and extremely intelligent, so he can naturally find a better way.

"Yes." After receiving the order, Shen Jiu and two colleagues found tools to seal the window.

A jingling sound soon came from the window, and the people in the guard camp were quick to finish the carpentry work.

Shen Jiu looked at the tightly sealed windows and sighed, thinking that things were changing now. In the past, Mr. Jian had to sneak in through the window at night, but Shen San, as a subordinate, could go through the front door openly.