Chapter 71

Ning Chuqing was so shocked by Ning Xiuyun's words that her steps were weak when she walked, as if she had been hit hard.

Ning Xiuyun found it a bit funny. Ning Chuqing's reaction seemed to be... homophobic?

Men's fashion is prevalent in Daqi, and every city has a Nanfeng Pavilion. It is also common for wealthy families to take male concubines. Ning Xiuyun has been here for so long, and this is the first time he has seen such a big reaction from someone.

He followed the servant of the General's Mansion to the east courtyard, which should have been used as a guest room. The environment was very clean and elegant. When Ning Xiuyun came in, Jian Xun had already put his luggage away and just walked out of the house.

Before the two left the motorcade, Ning Xiuyun knew that the trip would not last long, so he did not bring much luggage. Apart from money and light clothes, Jian Xun only sorted it out a little, without spending much effort. .

Seeing Ning Xiuyun come in, Jian Xun took a few steps forward, looked at the other person's expression, and saw a little tiredness, and asked with concern: "Your Highness, do you want to go to rest first?" Ning Xiuyun did feel that his body was heavy, and his neck

was There was also some stiffness and soreness, probably caused by leaning on Jian Xun's body on the road and maintaining the same position for too long.

He yawned and said, "No need. I slept for too long on the way here, and now I just want to wake up."

When he heard him mention this, Jian Xun immediately stopped persuading him, recalling the experience in the carriage. The heat that had receded from the sides of my ears had a tendency to come back again.

Ning Xiuyun looked at him teasingly and said to the servant leading the way: "Is there any Go?"

The servant immediately responded: "Yes. Wait a moment, I will go get it."

Ning Xiuyun greeted Jian Xun. He sat down at the stone table in the courtyard and said, "How many times have you lost? I don't know if you have a chance to beat me this time."

Jian Xun said with shame, "His Royal Highness is very skilled in chess and is unmatched by anyone." 

Ning Xiuyun had heard too many flattering words, but when Jian Xun said it, it made Ning Xiuyun feel comfortable inexplicably.

However, unexpectedly, the two of them not only waited for Go, but also for the general's wife, Mengshi.

Meng and a few servants brought over a white jade chessboard.

Meng was wearing a very solemn brown brocade dress. She was very young, without makeup, and her appearance could only be considered delicate, but the calmness between her brows was even better than that of General Ning Chuqing.

She greeted Ning Xiuyun, who was sitting at the stone table, and said apologetically: "Your Royal Highness, Wan'an, today is due to the general's inconsideration. The general is careless and has stayed in the military camp all year round without paying attention to etiquette. Your Highness has a distinguished status. How can I let His Highness live in a small side courtyard? I have sent people to tidy up another mansion, and I ask Your Highness to move. This is an apology on behalf of the general, and I hope Your Highness will accept it." 

Meng waved her hand and left. The man then brought up the square white jade chessboard. Just looking at the shiny appearance of the chessboard, one could tell that it was worth a lot.

Another person opened a small box, which contained a land deed. Meng explained: "This is the land deed of the mansion, and it was also handed over to His Highness."