42. Memories Part 3 ⚠️

Start from the beginning

Lan Wangji helped the younger stand up and said, "no need to be formal with me. We will take it slow. This is new for the both of us," Wie Wuxian nodded and began to remove his robes, "wait," Wangji stopped him, "what are you doing?"

"Don't we need to consummate?" Wuxian asked.

"Unless you are giving me consent, I will not touch you. I want you to be comfortable with me. If you want me to touch you then I will but we do not have to tonight," Lan Wangji told him.

"You will not hurt me?" Wei Wuxian was so confused, "not touch me?"

"Not unless you want me to," Wangji said.

"What if I don't ever want to be touched?" Wuxian asked.

Lan Wangji frowned internally, "then so be it. As your husband, I will take care of you. If you are tired you can sleep. There are fresh robes behind the privacy screen there...though we are to share a bed," Wangji told him, "If you have no desire for intimacy, then that is okay. My job as your husband is to protect you and help provide for you. To live a happy and healthy and safe life."

Lan Xichen could see the look in Wangji's eyes a slight bit of disappointment when he was asked to never touch Wuxian. That obviously didn't last because Wangji and Wuxian cannot keep their hands off each other. Baoshan felt the exchange was really sweet. He could tell that Wangji would not ever harm her grandson.

Wei Wuxian nodded and went to go change. Lan Wangji went to go change as well. By the time he returned to Wei Wuxian, the younger was already asleep. He was laying closest to the wall, curled in on himself. Lan Wangji sighed as he adjusted the blankets over Wei Wuxian, tucking him in. Lan Wangji then laid down beside him and fell asleep.

The next morning, Lan Wangji gathered the Lan sect principles and set them on the desk for Wei Wuxian to learn about later that day. He then went out and got breakfast for the two of them. When he returned, Wei Wuxian was awake, bathed, and dressed. He sat on the bed as if he was waiting for instructions.

"I brought us breakfast, come and eat," Wangji said calmly as he set the food out on the table. Wei Wuxian slowly made his way over and sat down. After he was served he was eating so fast as if it was like he was afraid it would be taken away from him.

"No one will take it from you, take your time. I don't want you to choke," Wangji said softly. Wei Wuxian stopped eating for a moment and looked at Wangji. He gave Wangji a look of surprise. Some food was hanging off Wei Wuxian's lips, so Lan Wangji took a handkerchief and wiped Wei Wuxian's mouth, "It's alright, you can take your time. If you want more, I can get you more," Wangji told him.

Wei Wuxian shook his head, "this is plenty, thank you. I will slow down," Wuxian said. As he said, Wei Wuxian slowed down. After he finished eating, Lan Wangji took care of the dishes and set them beside the door to take out to the kitchen later. He then had Wei Wuxian sit at the desk.

"These here are the Lan Sect Principles. There are a lot of them but you are required to learn them as you are now a member the the Lan Sect," Lan Wangji told him.

Wei Wuxian picked one up and looked at it, "you want me to read all of these?" He asked.

"Yes," Wangji replied.

Wei Wuxian set the book down and placed his hands on his lap. He gripped his robes as if he was nervous about something, "what if...I do not?"

"It is required, and you will be punished accordingly if you do not learn them," Wangji told him.

"What kind of punishment?" Wuxian asked nervously.

"You will have to write them a couple hundred times," Wangji said.

"What if..." Wei Wuxian began but lowered his head. He was afraid.

"You do not have to be afraid, and you do not have to hide anything from me. Be open with me so I know what you need," Wangji said, "it is so I can help you better."

"What if I cannot read or write?" Wuxian asked.

Lan Wangji was stunned speechless. This man in front of him, he was in his twenties like Lan Wangji, and he did not know how to read or how to write, "How did you learn anything as you grew up?" Wangji asked.

"Was not allowed to learn in a classroom setting," Wuxian told him.

Lan Wangji let out a sigh, "will you let me teach you?" He asked.

"What if I fail? I am not good enough. I am not supposed to learn as I am just a servant like my father was," Wuxian told him.

Lan Wangji's heart was breaking more and more for his husband, "we will postpone this for a bit, but will you come with me to the infirmary?" Wangji asked.

Wei Wuxian got very scared, "no!" He said, "they will do something bad to me like last time."

"What happened last time?" Wangji asked.

"I...they.." Wei Wuxian began to panic, and his breathing became shallow.

"Hey, try to breathe, it will be okay. These people here in this sect, they will never hurt you. You are my husband and are protected by my name. No one can touch you," Wangji said.

Wei Wuxian looked at him, "why would I go there?"

"You are new to the sect and have to go though a preliminary check up. It's protocol for everyone who marries in or for anyone who joins the sect. It's a health check, so to say. I will be beside you through the whole thing and I will make sure you are safe," Wangji told him.

Wei Wuxian sighed, "last time, I don't know what happened, but I fell asleep in the infirmary and woke up in pain."

"What kind of pain?" Wangji asked.

Wei Wuxian shook his head.

"It's okay, we can talk about this was the healer. The one you will be seeing is the nicest one we have and he will look after you. Do you trust me?" Wangji asked. Wei Wuxian nodded. Lan Wangji then stood up and took Wei Wuxian's hand. He then led him to the infirmary.

Baoshan was very impressed. Seeing how scared Wuxian was and how calm Wangji was with him. Wangji did really well and was able to help calm down Wuxian. He gained Wuxian's trust first.

"You did really well, Wangji," Baoshan said, "seeing him so timid in the memory compared to now, he has come a long way. You did well by him and I hope you continue to."

"I promise," Wangji said.