36. Almost There

Since everything was handled, the demon fox was killed and the Jiangshi were no longer a problem, the group continued on their way to Celestial Pass. Wuxian was a bit more quiet than usual this time. He was still a bit shaken up over how angry he had gotten and let it get the best of him. He didn't hurt any of his loved ones but he began to feel a pinch of fear as he realized that he could have done that.

Lan Wangji doesn't like when his husband is this quiet. It lets him know that Wuxian is not feeling the best. He could understand as he just used so much energy that surprised everyone. Wangji just hoped that they reached Celestial Pass soon so they could get some long awaited answers they needed. Lan Xichen and Xiaoru made sure that the two were doing okay with the best of their abilities. Xiaoru was guiding the way and Lan Xichen stuck close to him as the little magpie had a small injury on its wing from that demon fox.

"Wei Ying, do you wish to talk?" Wangji asked as he took his hand.

Wuxian sighed and leaned more into his Wangji, "I guess my mind it just all over the place right now. I realized that my clouded rage could have gotten either you or Xichen-Ge hurt. I don't know if I'd ever forgive myself if I ever hurt you."

"Wei Ying, your fears are justified. These abilities of yours are all new to you and I understand that they scare you. I trust you though as I know you would never hurt me or Xiongzhang intentionally. We are going to Celestial Pass to gain some knowledge and potential training," Wangji told him.

"Do you think I'd recognize her?" Wuxian asked, "Baoshan, I mean? Or would she recognize me? I remember from that dream I had about remembering my parents deaths, and I told my father that many made fun of me for being only a half blood dragon. My father told me that those people were just jealous of me but it still runs through my mind now that I remember it."

"I think even being a half blooded dragon is really unique," Wangji said, "I mean, how many people do you think get to say that?"

Wuxian giggled, "Lan Zhan, we may be outside of Cloud Recesses, but you are getting a little to proud. No need to flaunt my abilities that much," he teased.

"But I want to," Wangji said, "it's the perfect opportunity for me to do that because we are outside of Cloud Recesses."

Xichen chuckled as he was just listening to the two talk, "I guess I need to get my Didi out of the sect more often then," Xichen said.

"If you do that, he might rebel," Wuxian said.

"With you as his husband and me as his older brother, we can keep him out of trouble," Xichen said.

Wuxian laughed, "I'm sure we can...did you tell the Jiang's about my true family history?"

"No, and I want to keep it that way as they will be in for a rude awakening when Baoshan comes knocking down their door," Xichen told him.

"She might do more than break down a door," Xiaoru said.

"What do you think she'd do?" Wangji asked.

"I wouldn't be surprised if she adopts all the children and makes sure the elderly are safe before blowing up the entire sect with Sect Leader Jiang and Madam Yu still inside the place," Xiaoru said, "but there is no telling really. She is a mysterious woman when it comes to seeking justice."

"I honestly look forward to it," Wuxian said, "I just ask that she spars shijie."

"If there were people who tried to help you, she will not be as harsh on them. She will not be biased, even if you are her grandchild. She will still be fair but she always will find out the truth as she has the power to make it so no one ever lies in her presence," Xiaoru explained.