33. A Painful Past⚠️

⚠️Sensitive content in this chapter, content includes, necrophilia and/or Non-Consensual sexual acts, blood, gore, and death⚠️
.
.
.
____________

~*3rd POV/Author's POV*~

Wuxian woke up with tears in his eyes the next morning. He gained the memory of his parents deaths and he was horrified, and felt sick to his stomach. He quickly but gently pried himself out of Wangji's arms and moved over near the river by a group of bushes. He then began heaving and throwing up the contents he ate the night before.

"Wei Ying?" Wangji asked as he was woken up by Wuxian's sudden movements and followed him, "what happened?" Wuxian shook his head as he was unable to speak at the moment. He was just filled with so much grief, shock, and disgust, "take your time, I am here."

After Wuxian managed to calm down, Wangji brought him back over by the warmth of the fire and pulled him to sit on his lap, "I had a dream and it...was my memory coming back...I remember, Lan Zhan," Wuxian said and started to cry again.

"Will you tell me what happened?" He asked.

"It will not be easy to talk about or to hear," Wuxian replied, "but you deserve to know as you are my husband and are now a part of this mess that I am in."

Xiaoru flew over and perched on Wangji's free hand, "what happened, Wuxian?"

"I was around four, and my parents and I were leaving the Celestial Pass. They told me it was no longer safe to stay and they were to bring me somewhere safe. My father said they I was go go stay with some good friends of his and they knew I was coming. After a long time of traveling, we stayed at an inn one night. After a few hours of sleep, I woke to some noises in the room.

I saw two extra people in the room, and my parents were dead. Their throats were slit...but those people, they were nine tail demon fox spirits and they were having sex with my parents corpses. They must have been absorbing my parents remaining Qi and essence. There was a knife near the bed so I grabbed it and killed the male, but the woman, she threatened to kill me but she decided to make my fate more painful than death...and that is forgetting everything, my home, my parents, and even my own name.

The woman then threw me across the room after stabbing my left shoulder and I hit my head on the table. Since I forgot the names and faces, when I woke up again, there were more people in the room. One of them came to me, it was a woman, she said that she will see me again in the future and that she was sorry that my fate turned out that way. She then took me to the Yunmeng Jiang Sect...not knowing how much the woman resented my mother and took her jealousy and hatred out on me," Wuxian explained.

Lan Wangji was stunned speechless. He had no idea how painful his husband's past really was and now that Wuxian gained his memories back, it made sense for Wuxian to have reacted in such a way. Disgusted, sad, and confused, maybe even a bit angry. Lan Wangji wrapped his arms around Wuxian more to comfort him.

"I am here, we will do what we can to stay safe," Wangji assured him, "I am sorry you have suffered so much."

"That woman who brought you to Lotus Pier, so you remember how she looked?" Xiaoru asked.

"Silver hair, grey to blue eyes, white and black robes. She had a red ribbon tied in her hair, similar to my mother's hair," Wuxian explained.

"That was Baoshan," Xiaoru told him, "she must not have known the bad blood between the Madam of Lotus Pier and your Mother. Otherwise she would have placed you in a safer place."

Wuxian nodded, "that demon fox spirit said she would see me again. She also said I may have my memories back by then. What would happen if we ran into her again?"

"By now, she would potentially be stronger as demon fox spirits feed on spiritual essence of other cultivators...through sexual acts. She must kill them first before taking the rest of the essence. By now, if she does come across you, she'll probably try to fight you, but she has a weakness, dogs and ordinary weapons can kill a fox spirit," Xiaoru explained.

"I am afraid of dogs," Wuxian said.

"Well, you both have swords and other weapons so you have other forms of protection against her. She my be stronger and more cunning, but remember this, do not, and I repeat, do not under any circumstances look her in the eyes. That is when she can possess your mind and manipulate you at own her will," Xiaoru informed.

"Alright," Wuxian said, "you should probably write to your brother again."

"He and Shufu will want to know this information...and you are okay with me telling them?" Wangji asked.

"They are my family too. I am sure they would like to know everything they can about what happened to me, just as much as we do," Wuxian told him.

"Alright," Wangji said, "how are you feeling?"

"Overwhelmed, but I have calmed down a bit," Wuxian answered. He then sat up and moved the robes away from his left shoulder, revealing the stab wound scar he suffered from that painful night, "I always thought this came from Madam Yu, all my other scars came from her...unless there are more wounds that I have no idea I had that were not from her. Though I remember everything she had done so whether I have scars or not shouldn't matter, but the memory right?"

"Mnn, and you will get justice for what happened to you, and your parents," Wangji told him. He then brushed his thumb against the scar on Wuxian's shoulder, "does it still hurt after all these years?"

"No, but I have always wondered how I got it," Wuxian answered and sighed as he rested his head on Wangji's shoulder, "my past may be painful but my present is very wonderful."

Wangji smiled and placed a kiss on Wuxian's forehead, "Mnn, and I will do what I can to keep it that way."

Wuxian snuggled closer to Wangji after a soft nod. This is all he could ask for right now, the comfort of his husband and knowing that he still has one precious person in his life that will always be his constant.