19. Lanling

Shortly after lectures at Cloud Recesses ended, Wangji, Wuxian, Xichen, and Lan Feng were all headed to the Lanling Jin Sect for a conference meeting. Lan Qiren would be watching over Haiyue. He loved this little girl. She was happy and charming just like her parents. She had a gentle smile and a playful heart. He was always happy to spend some time with her.

It was the first time Lan Feng and Lan Xichen would be away from their child. Haiyue was not quite old enough to travel with them just yet. Even though Lanling was Lan Feng's first home and was born there, and her parents were wanting to meet her, they understood that it can be difficult to travel with an infant.

It was Wuxian's first time really being out of the sect. Wuxian had on his Lan Er Furen robes and headgear with his forehead ribbon. He had his sword Suibian fastened on his back. Since his cultivation is doing very well, he was able to fly on his own and beside Wangji the entire way. Lanling was necessarily that far away from Gusu anyway.

Upon arriving at Koi Tower, Wuxian realized he was going to face all of the Jiang's again

Upon arriving at Koi Tower, Wuxian realized he was going to face all of the Jiang's again. He gripped onto Wangji's hand as he was now a bit afraid of what will happen. He was healthy, happy, and thriving. He was doing everything that Madam Yu did not want him to be doing. Because of Jiang Cheng's actions at Cloud Recesses though, the contract to assist the Jiang Sect was in jeopardy for how the spouse of the second heir was treated. Wuxian was already fearing the wrath that may be waiting.

"Lan Zhan?" Wuxian asked as they walked up the stairs to Glamour Hall for the meeting.

"Hmm?" He replied leaning in to hear him.

"Please do not leave my side at all while we are here," Wuxian begged, "the Jiangs will all be here and I am not sure I am able to handle it alone."

"I promise, as your husband, I am to remain beside you. Just stay close, okay," Wangji told him. Wuxian nodded and hooked his arm around Wangji's. Lan Xichen heard the conversation and was going to be sure that Wuxian is safe during their stay here. If not with Wangji, he will make sure it is either him or Lan Feng as well. None of them will leave him alone here.

"Gusu Lan Sect has arrived," a Jin disciple announced. They then walked into Glamour hall and bowed to Sect Leader Jin and Madam Jin before finding their seats. Wuxian sat right beside Wangji, as he was his spouse. Wuxian remained to Wangji's left and held onto his hand under the table. Wangji did not mind at all, especially if it helps him calm down.

"The Yunmeng Jiang Sect has arrived," said a Jin disciple.

Wuxian held his breath the moment he saw the purple robes. His eyes met his Shijie's first as she waved at him with a smile. Wuxian smiled and waved at her in return. It only, in return, earned a scowl from Jiang Cheng. Then a sizzling sound from Zidian. Wuxian trembled upon hearing that familiar sound, anxiety and fear filling his mind.

Wangji had Bichen in hand the moment he saw Yu Ziyuan look their way and Zidian sparking on her hand. Wangji sent her a harsh bone chilling glare that made Yu Ziyuan so surprised to get such a reaction. Sect Leader Jiang made us way over to the Lan Sect seating area just to say hello to Wuxian. He purposely made Yu Ziyuan stay away because of the warning about the contract breaking due to Jiang Cheng's actions.

"A'Xian," Sect Leader Jiang greeted.

Wuxian stood up and bowed, "Uncle Jiang, pleasure to see you again."

Sect Leader Jiang did not even notice that Wuxian was only speaking to him out of politeness. If the Jiang Sect ever lost trust with the Lan Sect he would never even give him a passing glance. Sect Leader Jiang Fengmian knows of his wife's hatred and abuse towards Wuxian and did nothing to help him. He let it happen, and Wuxian had to pretend to be okay in this man's presence. He was in all actuality, very much pissed off and at him and wished Sect Leader Jiang had experienced the torture and pain he went though.

"You look healthy, how are you doing in the Lan Sect?" Sect Leader Jiang asked.

"I am doing well. I am cultivating now and I have a proper education as well. They treat me like family," Wuxian said, nonchalantly trying to call out Jiang Fengmian for ignoring his health and wellbeing for so long.

"I have heard from Jiang Cheng," Sect Leader Jiang said, "he said you are doing well in classes and even beat him in a well matched spar. For only being their for maybe a year, you are learning fast."

"I am taught personally by my husband," Wuxian said, "word of advice for you to tell your son, try not to focus on trying to match my level of cultivation and focus on his own. Trying to outmatch someone else will only make him stumble more and he will not learn anything that way...maybe even try meditation as it can help with his temper...I am sure you heard his threats towards me."

"I am sorry he said such things and I will make sure he does not do anything like that again," Jiang Fengmian said.

"Better be sure of that," Lan Xichen said as he was done letting this conversation drag on. He could tell that Wuxian did not want to talk to this man, "he threatened to kill him, you know. We do not take those things lightly in our sect. As A'Xian is now our family, he is very well protected. As he is older than your son and is married, he has more authority then your son. He is Second Master Lan's husband and if he is humiliated or threatened by Jiang Wanyin again, our sect will take action.

"Sect Leader Lan, I apologize if we have offended you," Sect Leader Jiang said.

"Perhaps you should return to your seat, the meeting is starting soon," Lan Xichen said. Jiang Fengmian nodded and bowed before going to his seat. Wuxian and Xichen nodded to each other before sitting down in their own. Wangji then took hold of Wuxian's hand again to soothe him.