24. New Ability

Tangled within the blanket, Wangji and Wuxian were panting and trembling from experiencing a wonderful round of their everyday means everyday activity. Wuxian giggled as he rolled to his side and wrapped his arms around Wangji's body and his head resting on Wangji's chest.

"If I were a female, I would probably be pregnant by now with the amount of times we have sex...especially when you release in me every time," Wuxian said.

Wangji let a small smile appear on his face, "how could you possibly have children?" He asked.

"Honestly, if anyone could find a way for males to have babies, it would probably be me to discover it first. I'd definitely like to test that out," Wuxian told him, "I'm sure you'd even find me a bit attractive as a parent."

"I find you attractive now. If you can have children, we will have to talk more about precautions," Wangji said, "carrying a child is a fragile process."

"I know, it's just a what-if thing," Wuxian said and yawned, "I am now tired but we should probably clean up a little bit first."

"Mnn, let me go draw a bath and then I will come and get you," Wangji said.

Wuxian moved off of Wangji, "okay," he said. Wangji placed a kiss on the corner of Wuxian's lips before getting up and fixed a bath. He then went and gathered Wuxian off the bed and carried him to the bath. The two shared the bath and cleaned up. When they were cleaned and refreshed, the two fell asleep for the night.

After having breakfast, Wangji and Wuxian spent a good portion of their morning at the training grounds. They wanted to explore their new abilities. As they were training, they realized that they could learn a lot more than expected. For example, they explored their wind manipulation techniques. They found that they could manipulate other elements such as water and earth.

They stopped for the meantime and went to the library to research other cultivation techniques that could be achieved through immortality. They were soul bonds, so they could create new techniques for themselves, make up new spells and create other weapons and artifacts that can help them during fights.

"Lan Zhan, this book here I found a technique that we can learn," Wuxian said.

"What?" He asked.

Wuxian sat beside him, "Million Books Transmission," he pointed out, "with it, you can absorb a large amount of information, text, and books quickly. It says here it's the most basic reading skill and merely expands your hearing sense."

Wangji looked into it and saw that with the two of them trying together, they can achieve the technique faster, "with this ability..." Wangji began.

"We can read every book on this library within a day," Wuxian pointed out.

Wangji grinned and they decided to learn it. Reading the book carefully, they managed to successfully achieve the ability and read dozens of books within a few hours. They managed to read a third of the library pavilion before dinner hours that evening. The two put the materials away and went to go have dinner. Afterwards, Lan Qiren and Lan Xichen wanted to meet up with the boys to see how they were doing.

"We are doing well," Wangji said.

"Would you believe us if we told you that we learn a technique that helped us read a third of the books in the Library Pavilion within a few hours?" Wuxian asked.

"Huh?" Lan Xichen asked, "that's an ability?"

The two nodded, "it's called Million books Transmission," Wangji explained. He then explained how the technique works and how they achieved it, "I am actually sure any cultivar could learn it, not just immortals."

"That ability could be useful if you were running short on time and you needed information," Xichen said, "that's impressive."

"Do not read all those books too fast. You'd get bored if you did," Lan Qiren said.

"Not necessarily, we could then explore other places and learn knowledge from their libraries," Wangji said, "even if we did read them all, there is still the hidden library and the books in the treasury."

"There are still some things we are to learn but while we were reading, I found a book that had a map in it to a place called Celestial Pass. It kind of intrigued me," Wuxian said, "it says there are many mysteries within that area but that is where most higher cultivated people stay."

"Are you thinking of wanting to look more into it?" Lan Qiren asked.

"Would that be okay?" Wuxian asked and looked at Wangji, "would you be interested?"

"Potentially, they may know more about that flute you picked up a while back," Wangji said.

"That's right," Lan Xichen said, "have you tried to play it?"

Wuxian shook his head, "since it's a flute that is both Yin and Yang, I want to make sure it's safe to use."

"It is probably best to find whatever you can on it," Lan Qiren said.

"I am still trying to figure out why it is so familiar to me. I even knew it's name," Wuxian said.

"I thought maybe you saw it when you were younger," Wangji said.

Wuxian shook his head, "I do not know if I did. Then again, my knowledge of my childhood is a bit limited. It's almost like I either forgot most of it or it's been tampered with."

"Are you saying someone wiped your memory of your childhood?" Xichen asked.

"Maybe, I am just taking guesses. I don't even remember my parents faces but all I remember of them was seeing their corpses when they died," Wuxian explained.

"I think you should go to Celestial pass and figure out what happened to you. Someone my have more knowledge on how to help you," Lan Qiren said.

Wuxian nodded and looked at Wangji, "what do you think?"

"I am with you no matter what. We can go to Celestial pass, it's just a long journey," Wangji said.

Wuxian nodded, "I know," and he looked at the other two, "we'd be gone for a little while."

"We will be okay here. We can reach you through messages," Lan Xichen said, "you both should go, gain some experience."

Wangji nodded. He and Wuxian then went back to the Jingshi, "Lan Zhan, are you okay with going?"

"I am," he said, "we can prepare to leave in a week. It will give us some time to train a little bit before our journey."

Wuxian nodded and hugged him, "I am happy I have you, I love you so much."

Wangji hugged him in return and placed a kiss on his forehead, "I love you too, A'Ying. We will get through this together."