Chapter 34 || Games

Start from the beginning

taehyung gave her his card and she's going to fucking put it in use today. money will flow like a river and there'll be no stopping. there's a hint of anger and the urge to make him mad to the point where he'll do something he'd regret. he cannot be the only one playing mind games. standing in the elevator, jiah stares at her reflection, suddenly realising that she should've put more effort in getting ready. she takes a deep breath, pulling up her t-shirt and ties a knot on one side to have it act like a crop top, then pulls her joggers a little down. her stretch marks come into sight, making her sigh and adjust the pants a bit more until the marks weren't so visible.

taehyung will be on his knees tonight.

•••

"hyung?" jungkook knocks on his brother's door, getting a reply soon which tells him to come inside. with a small smile he makes his way towards the elder, who is going through some documents, a few files scattered on his bed too.

"hm?" namjoon waits for jungkook to say whatever he had to say, although the silence makes him take a look at the younger brother. he's busy checking his phone and namjoon sighs. "do you wanna say something, kook?"

"uh, yeah. i wanted to ask about jiah." he says. "she's not replying to me, nor answering my calls. it looks like she blocked me...?"

"blocked you? out of nowhere?" namjoon frowns, and jungkook shrugs his shoulders. "did you two have a fight or something?"

"no. in fact she was happy the last time we hungout. i have a bad feeling about this, hyung. can you try talking to her?"

"yeah, sure. i didn't get any time to talk to her this whole time. jimin's gone— god knows where, and the whole work is on my shoulders now. so, it's a bit hectic."

"that jerk." jungkook mutters, "i swear to god if he's the one behind all this."

"jimin wouldn't do that. i know him that much," namjoon sighs.

"yeah? he fired jiah all because he was jealous. he tried to bribe her to get her to work under him again, hyung. that guy is just a piece of shit, and i'm not even lying, if he's forcing her to do anything, i'll slit his throat."

"okay, relax." the elder sighs, staring at the screen of his phone that repeats the same thing, 'the person you're trying to reach is busy'. he frowns, quickly typing a message which doesn't even deliver, making jungkook groan in frustration.

"i'm going out."

"where? she must be busy—"

"i don't know that. i'll go look into it myself. don't worry hyung, i'll make sure jiah's fine."

namjoon stares at the younger, who doesn't even wait for a response and is already storming off the door. "you take care of yourself first and don't end up fighting people!"

"no promises!" jungkook yells back from the stairs, grabbing the keys of his motorcycle and phone.

jungkook doesn't waste any time and accelerates into the streets, determined to either find jiah and see for himself that she's okay, or find one of those idiot men who always have to make her life harder than it already is. he's aware that she was already worried about finding a job and then the exam she had to study for, and at last taking care of jihun. it's all too much for just one girl to do, yet jimin and taehyung had to keep forcing themselves in her life like some sort of blood sucking leech.

it doesn't take him more than fifteen minutes to overspeed up till jiah's apartment complex. he leaves his motorcycle in front of the building, taking his helmet off and looks around first, then up at her balcony. sighing deeply, he heads inside the building, which is when his land on the familiar man waiting for the elevator. it's park jimin, dressed not in his regular suits, but a pair of jeans and a hoodie just like jungkook.