Part 33

-Rome-

Finding out Brittany was the one who sent me the pictures was crazy. I didn't know what I should do with that information. She couldn't possibly have believed that by sending me that, I would leave Mani for her. If she thought so, she was insane. The benefits of being married to Mani were too great. My pops had a point, but I'm only now recognizing it. Ever since she came into my life, interaction with five-o was lil to none. Everything was wiped clean, it's like I'm a whole different nigga. Brittany, on the other hand, only brought fucking chaos into my life. Don't get me wrong, Mani is stressing me out, but I can deal with her shit far better.

The door to my office swung open, and Dre appeared. "You ready, everybody here," he said.

Yea, let's do this I said, rubbing my hand like Birdman. Dro being locked up left a lot of muthafuckas starving. Everyone was trying to fuck with us because we were now the only suppliers left in the city. Some of these lame-ass niggas must have forgotten that I gave them a choice before. They just chose the wrong hand; now, I was prepared to make them starve. I walked into the room filled with hustlers, all eyes on me. I said, "Let's get started," as they surrounded me.

I approached a few people who had been trying to get in with us. Let's get this money, I said, dapping about four of them off. Everybody else can leave. Loudness started to fill the room.

The ones that weren't picked were crying like bitches. I didn't give a fuck, though, cause they were all talk. I was prepared to make them beg and grovel at my feet before they could get anything from me.

Dre and I stood side by side as we watched them go one by one. I didn't mind the muttering because none of them would speak up and say shit. The four people I picked stayed after everyone else left. Dre motioned for them to follow us inside the office. I walked behind the desk, sat down, and told them to have a seat. I went over everything with them. How much I would supply them with since they were beginners, and what I expect them to do if they were caught with it. They needed to understand that working with us wasn't for the weak and if they took me away from my family. My family wouldn't hesitate to take them away from theirs.

Finally home, I parked my car in the garage. Prince spent the day with my Momma since Mani, and I had to work. I considered getting a babysitter, but my mom agreed to watch him sometimes. I entered the cold, quiet home, and I was alone. I was happy as hell because I just wanted to get a nap in. Although Prince was growing out of his not sleeping through the night faze, some days were better than others. I went upstairs and walked into my room. I undressed completely, leaving only my boxers on and spread across my bed. I dozed off before I knew it.

Rome, wake up. I heard Mani's voice calling out to me. I guess she wasn't mad at me no more. Rome, wake up. I hopped up and looked around, and no one was there. Mani was even in my dreams. It never occurred to me that I would miss her the way I do. When I looked at the time, it was 4 a.m. I couldn't believe I slept that long. It's a good thing I handled all my business earlier. I walked downstairs and peeked into Mani's room. She and Prince were sleeping peacefully.

We hardly say shit to each other since everything that went down. She was mad at me as if she wasn't running around the city doing whatever she wanted. She should have asked for my forgiveness but acted as if I had done something wrong. Fuck it, though, cause I damn sure wasn't running behind her ass. Preach gave me an update on the issue and informed me that they were no longer fucking around. I found that hilarious. She wanted to meet up with him damn near every day when she thought they were sneaking around, but now that she knows, I know, she doesn't want to see him. Fake shit, at least be real enough to stand on what you doing. It's a good thing she not fucking with him right now, though. She gone be mourning him very soon anyway.

I Wanna Be.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara