Part 25

-Rome-

Today was my ball out birthday bash. I even gon' cap a nigga was excited; I think this was the only thing I waited for all year. Like a big-ass kid that waits for Christmas. I couldn't believe I almost forgot about it. I had an all-black tailored Stefano Ricci suit with a black button-down shirt and All black leather Christian Louboutin Loafers. My clothes were laid across my bed; trust and believe I was countin' the hours. Brittany had been blowing up my phone all day. She was still begging for forgiveness, but that wasn't gonna happen. Her family and mine would never be the same after all the shit that had occurred between us. On top of that, I got her brother killed. If she knew that shit, she wouldn't be trying to fuck with me like that.

Her family knows he is dead. The questions are who did it and why. Our families weren't on good terms, so I didn't give a fuck about it no more. It was out of my hands. My dad had some of our men searching for him before we went our separate ways, family and business-wise, but some of my men already knew what had happened that day. I still couldn't bring myself to tell my OG I had something to do with his death cause, honestly, it was bad for business. B was still up in the air, and since he got me out of my money, I changed everything dealing with the shipments. Even the place that the work is being shipped to. Fool me once, and I mean, you know the rest.

This party would get us back in good standing with some of our connects, and I knew where you stood if you didn't attend. The main objective was to decipher who was with me and who wasn't. Since everything was split in half between us and Dro, it was time for us to tip the scale. We wanted, no, we deserved more, and it was either you spend money with us, or you don't make money at all.

I wasn't a nigga that smiled a lot, but when my birthday came, I was all teeth. Tonight was the weekend, so Prince would stay with my mother-in-law so Mani could go, but everyone understood that we weren't going together. I didn't want to be tied down; I didn't say that's how I felt, but it was implied. I felt like I must be getting soft cause her attitude is getting out of the fucking way. Mani is a sweet girl, so I don't blame her, but I won't lie; I was tired of dealing with it. Her going through everything she went through with me was the only reason I haven't bat the fuck out of her yet, but she was testing my patience fareal. We haven't had a good talk since the lil situation with Brittany. I tried to talk to her to get her to understand, but she didn't want to hear shit from me, so fuck it, I stopped trying. My body was fully healed, so I moved back into my room upstairs, and the only time we would spend time together was when Prince would come over for his weekend visits.

I went to my barber and got lined up and trimmed. I was looking like a billion-dollar nigga. I flashed my pearly whites, checked my swag in my barber's mirror, and then headed home to get dressed. I noticed Lynn's car was in the driveway. They have been hanging out a lot; it's not that I don't like her having a friend, but Lynn is the wrong friend to have. She started taking on some of her personalities, which I don't like.

I went inside, and no one was around. I heard Prince cuttin' up in her room. I was gonna walk in there, but I decided against it. My phone rang. I looked at the screen to see who was calling, and it was Dre.

"Lynn over there," he asked.

"Yea, she here," I replied.

Her crazy ass isn't answering the phone. She caught another bitch calling my phone, and now she is igging me. Imma chill on her cause; I'm not about to be jockin' her ass. Oh, another thing Dre said in the middle of talking about Lynn. That nigga Brandon went off the grid again. Son, to be real, we have a rat in our mist. Every time we find this nigga he ends up going off the grid; that shit makes no sense. It's as if he knows we are lurking and waiting for him to slip up.