chapter 9

peaceful snow fell from the skies, on top of a mob of people. some angry or sad, but moving forward protesting with their hands up in the air. all had masks on, protecting them from the virus, named the flare.

one child rested soundlessly in her mother's arms. leaning her head on the older women's shoulder, she felt safe. the girl had many layers of jackets on, protecting her frail figure from the cold. her mother too, was raising her hand, but for another reason.

the girl awoke from her nap when she was getting handed to someone big and scary, in a dark suit. the confused girl saw her mother crying. the girl tried sticking her hands out to grab the wailing women when she saw her shake her head. "goodbye, avi. stay safe."

the little girl was guided onto a train. she stared blankly at her white shoes, until distracted by the sniffles from someone behind her. She turned and stood up on her knees, to get a better view of the crying person.

she saw a brown haired boy. like her, in many jackets. he was rubbing his eyes to get rid of the tears, but more replaced. "are you okay?" she asked in a soft voice. the boy looked up to her, before quickly looking back down shaking his head.

she nodded and got off her seat walking over to the seat next to him, and sat down. "don't cry. you'll see your parents again soon." she comforted, with a straight face. the little boy nodded, and leaned against the window falling asleep.

"why are you not sad, aviana?" a woman's voice rung in her ears. aviana's head turned to see a blonde lady, in a white suit. she sat on a seat towards the front.

"i don't know." aviana answered, before the woman nodded standing up from her chair. she watched her walking over to her. the woman patted her head, and smiled.

"you're pretty strong."