CHAPTER 16

VEGAS

Vegas went back to their bedroom when Pete didn’t come back to the dining room; maybe he didn’t find the camera or maybe his nausea kicked again and he was in need of some support while puking all the breakfast into the toilet. At the second thought, Vegas smiled with himself while getting inside the elevator, remembering when Pete insisted to hold hands even when he was throwing up because it made him feel a least a bit more supported, which was such a Pete’s thing to do.

But when Vegas opened the room’s door and didn’t find Pete anywhere, something inside him tightened. He didn’t know if this was a new feeling that he gained after the accident or if it was his instincts trying to tell him something, but lately Vegas found himself to be quite overprotective of Pete; like, he would always call him to check things up when he was on a meeting or in Ekamai and he never let Pete alone for long when he was inside the house. It was like something was always creeping them up, waiting for the right moment to do something with Pete. He was about to leave the room to look for his boyfriend when the door opened, revealing a very much pale Pete, holding an envelope on his hands; his gaze seemed... lost, like he was completely immersed into his own thoughts to even realize that Vegas was there.

“Where were you?” Vegas asked gently, walking towards Pete and grabbing his free hand. “Pete, you’re trembling... are you okay?”

Vegas felt his heart sinking inside his chest, filling itself with worry when he realized that Pete was not only trembling, but cold and pale, like he just saw a ghost or something. He didn’t wait Pete’s answer and immediately guided him to their bed, sitting him there and kneeling in front of his fiancée with a worried expression.

“I’m fine.” Pete answered. “Really. It was just... I think I ate too fast.”

Vegas caressed Pete’s cheek when he forced a smile. Deep down, he could feel that that wasn’t the entire truth, but Vegas didn’t want to push his boyfriend just yet, not when he was clearly shaken by something.

“If you’re not feeling well, we can go straight to the doctor’s office. I’m sure Macau will understand and...

Vegas stopped himself when he saw that Pete wasn’t even paying attention to what he was saying anymore. His face showed that he was debating on something inside his mind, which made Vegas even more curious to know what happened when Pete got out of the dining room earlier that morning.

“Pete...” Vegas called his name like in a silent request for him to spill out what was troubling his mind. “Talk to me...”

Pete looked at him once more. The smile he was holding suddenly dropped and he looked at the envelope, still on his hands, and then back at Vegas with a worried expression on his face. Vegas didn’t need him to say that he was afraid of telling him whatever the truth was, he could see the doubt spread all over Pete’s face; but, at the end of the day, doesn’t matter how bad the truth might turn out to be, they promised to each other to have no more secrets and no more hiding feelings between them.

“Khun Korn is back.” Pete said in a low tone.

“What?”

“Khun Korn is... here. He came back from his trip and we bumped at each other in the hallway.” Pete took a deep breath and grabbed both Vegas’s hands. “I know what he represents to you, to us, but... please, please don’t freak out. Don’t let him ruin all the good days you have, don’t let his presence ruin the good moments and the good feelings you’re having... I know I have no right to ask this to you but...

“Pete.” Vegas interrupted him. Pete was talking frantically nonstop and Vegas just wanted him to take a deep breath and try to calm himself down a little “Are you okay?”