CHAPTER 05

VEGAS

The thing about being part of the type of business that the Theerapanyakul’s did, was that working alone was never an option. Wherever they were, there was always a hierarchy formed by other families. The Theerapanyakul Family also belonged to one, actually, they were the ones on top of their own hierarchy. Because of that, a family like them couldn’t even think about being legal without living everything settled between them and the other families first.

And of course, that also didn’t mean that the other families would be too happy about it. Because of that, Vegas knew about all the meetings and arrangements that were ahead of them, making him exhausted even thinking about it.

That morning, Vegas received a call from Kinn asking to meet him early, so they could attend to a meeting with a Chinese family, who their grandfather used to do business with in the past, the Huàng family. If Vegas remembered right, the relations between them were cut off because they got themselves into the drug business, which was something that their family never deal with it, it was almost like a tradition for them to not get involved with drug dealing and never allowing the other families to deal with it inside their area. Despite the family orders, the Huàng Family was caught importing their products into Sukhumvit Road.

So, when Kinn called that morning, Vegas was quite surprised to hear from them and even more so with Kinn accepting to meet them again.  

 “Actually, I prefer for you to stay here.” Vegas said while putting his shoes on, still sat on the edge of their bed.

Pete hadn’t slept all night because of a pain on his stomach, which Vegas was sure it was due to all the stress that they were going through to set negotiations, meeting dates and the business in Ekamai, which have not stopped at all. Since the big meeting with all the Theerapanyakul members three weeks ago, both of them were exhausting themselves everyday with work. So, every opportunity that Vegas had to let Pete rest, he was sure taking it.

“I thought that you said that we were on this together.”

“And I thought your stomach pains were over because you were taking your meds properly.”

Pete went silent with that, making a little pout that Vegas tried incredibly hard to not fall for it from how cute that face actually was.

“Come on, Pete... What are you going to do there anyways? It’s just a boring meeting that I’ll attend and after it I’m coming home to get you to go with me to Ekamai. Deal?”

“Text me when you come out of there so I can go and get dressed.” He answered burring his face on the pillows right next to him.

Vegas smiled and walked towards him in the bed, sitting right by his side. He carefully removed a strand of hair that was on Pete’s face and gave him two kisses in each side of his cheeks.

“Are you mad?” Vegas asked in disbelief when Pete made a face with the gesture.

“No”.

Vegas rolled his eyes. Unlike most of the people he knew, Pete was as easy to read as a children’s book. For others, maybe not, but for him, telling how Pete was feeling was pretty easy.

“Oh really?” He asked. “That’s not what your face says, you know? Your face is cursing me exactly how Tankhun does”.

Pete laughed at that and finally gave in, kissing Vegas on the lips and holding his face with his hands.

“Come home safely, okay?”

“Promise.” Vegas said while doing a pinky promise with his boyfriend. “You want me to grab you something on my way home?”