When he conjured up a large red energy ball I gasped. He was really trying to kill Mickey. He threw the red energy ball at Mickey. Mickey was thrown backwards against the wall and fell and hit the ground hard.

When Mickey got up, his eyes were blood red. All I could do was pray as Mickey zapped his father with lightning. Aeason was thrown backwards and hit the ground.

The fight was on with the warlocks. We didn't know what to do. We respect Aeason to the fullest, but Mickey is scary. I don't want either of their warlock's anger turned on me. So we all elected to stay out of it. They slung each other all over the courtyard. We jumped and cringed as they blasted each other with colorful energy that we didn't know they possessed or possibly had. They even went hand to hand. Mickey's warlock was powerful, but Aeason's warlock was more experienced. I couldn't help but notice how powerful they were. Aside from Makay, they are the only two beings I know that can take a lightning strike and keep on fighting.

Aeason choked slammed Chaos/Mickey. Mickey shot them both into the air and used downward momentum to slam his dad on the ground. The pavement broke. I shivered.

"Ok, that's enough."

We all took a relieved breath when we saw Queen Aerasume enter the courtyard. She channeled their powers and took them away. She's a strong empath and has perfected the ability over the years. We've all learned how to block her, even our feelings, but with them fighting and distracted, she slipped in.

Aeason's red eyes disappeared but his voice was still snarly when he turned to Queen Aerasume and said, "give my powers back, NOW!"

"Aeason, I know you're angry, but if you would hear him out. He's your son."

"He will merge with him now. Then he will fix my fucking kingdom."

"He will Aeason...."

"What the fuck did I just tell you to do."

Aerasume looked sad as she waved her hand and gave them both their powers back.

When he had them back, he projected some kind of white light that looked like a blade and sent it to Mickey's chest. He fell to the ground and spasm.

"Merge," he growled, while still holding him down with the blade thingy.

Even though Mickey was clearly in pain he still didn't do what his father demanded.

"I don't want to be a monster," growled Mickey.

"You think he's a monster because he brought all your thoughts to the forefront. You didn't think your mother felt it. You think we didn't know what you've been doing. Terrorizing Ashford. Killing people. It was him. All those sick and twisted thoughts you've had were him. He's always been there, just dormant. He's inevitable. You can't do shit about it."

I stepped forward with tears in my eyes. This had gone on long enough. I can't watch him in this much pain. It's hurting me as well.

I grabbed my chest and fell to my knees.

"Dad, ple..eesee. He's hurting."

I saw his eyes soften. He could never say no to me. He stopped his assault on Mickey.

"Gran," Aeason called. When she appeared. He nodded his head towards Mickey. "Do it."

Gran blasted Mickey with a powerful red blast. We all felt it. Mickey's body shot into the air. It flipped and turned and bent.

When the blast stopped, Mickey landed in a crouch position on the ground. When he looked up, his eyes were red. He was snarling at his father. His father walked up to him.

"Your eyes are red and will remain that way for a while. Maybe not now, but you will thank me one day. It wasn't going to do you or him any good separated like that."

He smiled sadly. "I'm sorry you have to bear this curse, this burden, but you can do it. It'll be bad at first. You'll downright hate yourself for your words and actions. I'll say it again. You can do it. Now fix my fucking kingdom."

Mickey snarled, "This isn't over, old man. You and I will do this again, soon."

Aeason smiled. "I'm looking forward to it, Chaos."

He walked over to the queen. He rubbed her cheek. She smiled sadly at him. He leaned down and kissed her. "Let's go."

She looked over at us with sad eyes. "You all can do this. You don't need us. Please be there for each other." She wanted to walk to us, but dad pulled her back. Then they disappeared. 

Tell me what you guys think so far. He's a demon, but I'm loving Mickey.