Chapter 45

Amara- then
"Liam, I'm gonna head." I shout from the bedroom. I'm running out of time.

"Wait a sec!" He shouts back.

He rushes out of his bathroom in a towel that hangs low on his waist.

I hold back a groan at the sight of him.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I groan.

"So you stay with me instead." He tells me. I let out a laugh before I lean up and kiss him.

"I need to make this right with him. I'll be back." I tell him.

He wraps his arms around me in attempt of a hug and I hug him back.

"I know, go make up with your brother, I'll be here if you need me." He reminds me.

I kiss his cheek one more time before pulling away.

I swipe my purse up off of the bed and give Liam a wave before I head for the door, ultimately heading to my favourite person.

On my way to the door, I say bye to Belle and give her a quick pat.

As soon as I close the door behind me I bump into someone's chest.

"Miss Ricci, I'm sorry." Dom apologises.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

When Gio dropped me here a little over a week ago, I expected everything to drop.

I haven't heard from anyone since I've been here. So I didn't expect Dom to still be here.

"It's my job." Is all he says.

I ignore him and head down the hall to the elevator. Before the elevator doors close, Dom slips on the elevator with me.

When we get to the ground floor I head out to wave down a taxi when Dom opens the passenger seat of his car for me.

I would get home quicker...

I'm easily persuaded and get into his car to head home.

****
I take a deep breath before pushing open the front door.

Once I step inside I take in my surroundings.

There's nothing really around, it's quite quiet.

I head for the stairs and go straight to my brothers bedroom.

I knock his door and it takes a moment but then the door is flung open as he finishes his tie.

"Oh fuck." He takes a breathe of relief looking at me.

"We need to talk I tell him." He nods.

I walk past him back into his room and take a seat at the end of his bed.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it." He tells me almost immediately.

I don't say anything I wait for him to say more.

He's in the wrong. Not me.

"This is so silly. I never meant to say those words and I want you here, I never don't want you here. I love taking care of you I'd do it my whole life if I had to but you're so capable of that you don't need that." He tells me.

"I'm scared of losing you." He admits. "It would be so weird for you not to be around, not to be my little sister anymore." We're literally twins.

"Things change, I'm capable of making my own decisions. Since I've been here I haven't been able to go out when it doesn't involve you or finding a husband." I sigh.

"I know." He sighs. "I am really sorry. I wish I could take it all back."

I lean into hug him and thankfully he hugs me back.

"I don't like arguing with you." Mattel whispers.

"Me neither." I admit to him.

These past few days have been awful, given I did need them to process but it was awful.

We sit in silence as we hug each other for a few minutes.

Matteo is the first to fall back.

"How is Liam?" He asks me.

"He's good." I nod as I pull one of my legs up and into my chest.

"Are you officially living together?" He asks.

"Not yet. It's so early." I sigh.

"Good, come home." He tells me.

"Okay." I give in easily.

****
The back garden is my favourite place of this house. Everything happens inside and anyone rarely comes outside, it's quiet out here.

I like to sit on the patio floor and look out to the garden.

"Well you need to fucking fix it! You fucked it up so you fix it, that's fair." Gio shouts from somewhere behind me.

"Sorry." He tells me as he sits down.

"No worries." I tell him bringing both my knees into my chest.

"I heard you were back, just wanted to check that was true and that you were okay." He speaks up.

I look from the garden to him and give him a smile.

"I'm okay." I nod. "Are you?" I ask resting my head on my knees.

"I'm okay, Amara." He goes to reach out but stops mid way.

I turn my attention from him back out to the garden.

He always makes little moves, little comments, has me wondering.

I know he told me he loved me but I just don't believe him. No one could love me. I'm so unloveable and have been my whole life that it would take so much for me to believe someone actually loved me.

But sometimes I wonder what he thinks of me, we've grown quite close since I got here but I would still like to know what he thinks of me.

I'm a crazy, chaotic jumbled mess. Something isn't right.

"How is Liam?" Gio clears his throat before he asks me.

"Liam is good." I nod.

"Cool." Gio nods.

"Have you got a girlfriend yet?" I ask.

"No." He immediately shuts it down.

"Cool." I copy.

We don't say much more to one another, just sit in silence, watching as the garden turns from light to dark, sun to moon.

It gets dark and cold and Gio clears his throat once more.

"I'm going to one of my clubs tonight for a meeting kind of thing. You can join me at the club if you want, Jax or Matteo won't be there."

He stands squeezes my shoulder and then makes his way back through to the kitchen.

A whole minute passes before Alfred rushes out with a blanket that he wraps around me. I already know who sent him.