Shen Qi turned around and looked at him, "Have you thought of a way?"

Shen San was not sure, "We can't persuade His Highness, but maybe someone else can."

The next morning, Shen San the lobbyist was invited.

Shen Qimao was sneaking around outside the courtyard, watching Shen San lead Ning Xuan into the courtyard, and was about to walk to the prince's side. She couldn't help but mutter: "Can the words of a child work?" 

Shen San also holding the handle of his saber, he was also very nervous. He swallowed and tried to convince himself, "It should be okay."

Ning Xuan came to the edge of the stone table with a bound.

Ning Xiuyun didn't even hear Ning Xuan's footsteps at first, until he smelled the scent of medicine on the tip of his nose, he turned his head strangely.

Ning Xuan stood beside him and looked at the chessboard eagerly, eager to try, "Uncle! Can you teach Xuan'er how to play chess today?"

Ning Xiuyun was silent for a moment, and said hoarsely: "Okay."

Ning Xuan cheered and said in another voice He sat down on the stone bench on one side.

Ning Xiuyun took the messy Yunzi back into the chess jar and started a new game with Ning Xuan.

However, Ning Xuan immediately discovered Ning Xiuyun's absent-mindedness from the chess moves.

Ning Xuan pinched a sunspot and asked, "Uncle, aren't you happy?"

"No... I'm just a little worried about someone." Ning Xiuyun replied.

Ning Xuan rolled his eyes and immediately thought of what his mother said about the Southern Xinjiang Army's southern expedition. He suddenly realized, "I understand. Uncle Jian went on an expedition with his father. Uncle, you are worried about him." 

Ning Xiuyun reluctantly raised his lips: "Yes, Xuan'er is so smart."

In the past, Ning Xuan would dance with joy after being praised by him, but this time his expression was very serious, with his hands on his hips like a little adult, complaining: "But Xuan'er thinks uncle is not smart." 

Ning Xiuyun's eyes has some dry pain and dizziness. He supported his cheek with one hand and asked in a funny way: "How come Xuan'er feels like this?" 

Ning Xuan said with a sullen face: "My mother told me that my father is the general who protects his family and country is very dangerous on the battlefield. Every time he sends troops to fight, some people will not come back. But Mom also said that no matter how worried you are, you must take care of yourself. Dad didn't go to war just to make Xuan'er day-long. I cry bitterly, but I hope Xuan'er can live a good life."

Ning Xiuyun was stunned and straightened up slightly. He looked at Ning Xuan and wanted to know whether Ning Xuan's words were taught by others or whether he was inspired by seeing such a decadent side of him.

Ning Xuan spoke clearly and without flinching, and when she met his gaze, her eyes were full of disapproval.

——Ning Xuan really thinks so.

However, something that a child can understand has troubled Ning Xiuyun for so long.

Ning Xiuyun didn't know whether it was love that made him vulnerable, or Jian Xun who made him vulnerable.

It made him look nothing like himself, but an indecisive stranger.

Ning Xiuyun couldn't pretend that he didn't care regardless of his conscience. He was indeed worried about Jian Xun.