As soon as Jian Xun raised his head, he caught Pei Yan's eyes. If he felt correctly, the other party seemed to be specifically looking for him in the crowd, and nodded to him after finding him.

Jian Xun suddenly felt baffled. He had no friendship with Pei Yan. At most, he had met Pei Yan a few times at the prince's place.

The other party specially greeted him, which seemed a bit strange. Because of the sudden vigilance in his heart, Jian Xun did not return the greeting to Pei Yan, and even turned his head away.

Seeing his reaction of wanting to draw a clear line, Pei Yan was not annoyed and smiled easily.

However, Ning Chuqing frowned immediately when he saw this scene.

When Ning Chuqing brought Jian Xun to the new barracks, he did not identify him. He only said that this man was highly skilled in martial arts and made an exception to recruit him into the Southern Xinjiang Army. This was also for the sake of Jian Xun's future development, so that no one would think of Jian Xun's achievements. They were all obtained by him or the prince's blessing.

Jian Xun had no objection. He had a fight with the generals of the new barracks and immediately convinced everyone.

But now that Pei Yan has come as the prince's confidant, it is not a good thing to be too close to Jian Xun. It seems like he is deliberately causing trouble for Jian Xun.

Ning Chuqing frowned fiercely and realized that Pei Yan seemed to be targeting Jian Xun. Could it be that these two people had some disputes when they were under the prince's command?

But Ning Chuqing had no intention of driving him away for Jian Xun. After all, he was a subordinate of the prince. Wouldn't his doing so make people think that he was arrogant towards the prince?

Ning Chuqing signaled one of his generals to give up his seat to Pei Yan. The general's eyebrows stood up, he stood up reluctantly, and grinned at Pei Yan: "Master Pei, please." 

Pei Yan had no idea of ​​humility at all, Shi Shiran He sat down in the seat given by the general.

"Thank you very much."

Pei Yan unfolded the folding fan with a swish, and explained in the eyes of everyone with hidden fear: "Your Highness heard that southern Xinjiang was unstable, so he sent me to express condolences. If the general needs help, Pei will do his best. You don't need to pay attention to me, military affairs are important."

Pei Yan made it clear that the military situation in southern Xinjiang was urgent, and it seemed too irresponsible for the prince not to send someone to take care of him, so he asked Pei Yan to come over for a formality.

The assistant prince has been sent. Although Pei Yan's talents are well known, whether he should be reused depends on Ning Chuqing's wishes.

Pei Yan's words eliminated the tense atmosphere in the camp, and everyone's expressions relaxed a lot.

Ning Chuqing, who was sitting on the throne, glanced at him and knew that the prince had no intention of intervening in the military affairs of southern Xinjiang. After all, it was Ning Chuqing's suggestion to send someone over to express the prince's responsibility.

The prince seemed to have no intention of competing for power and position. Instead of learning more about Southern Xinjiang, the other party was more willing to take his son Ning Xuan to learn Go.

Ning Chuqing put the long sword in his hand into the scabbard. After a soft sound, he said: "Okay. I have called you here today to discuss important matters." 

"I believe everyone can see that the enemy's offensive is obviously accelerating. We are so eager for quick success that we are making many mistakes. This is a good opportunity for us."