Chapter 7

[Mabel]

Kibum came over to my place late in the morning after he'd had some rest. He remembered the way, so when he knocked I let him in.

"Still live with the same people?"

I laughed as I thought of last time. "Sierra's gone."

"Oh thank goodness!"

Just then her replacement, Megan, came into the living room and met us there.

"Oh hey, who's this?"

"This is Kibum, he's my-"

"I'm her boyfriend." Kibum smiled and put an arm around me, holding the other one out to shake her hand. I was so shocked that all I could do was stare at him.

"Let's go up to your room," he said, taking me there as I just followed.

He sat on my computer chair as I sat on the bed, unsure of what to do with myself after what he'd just said.

"Boyfriend?"

Kibum smiled. "Isn't that what we are to each other?" He came over and sat next to me, leaning in for a kiss. I didn't resist, having secretly been dying to feel his lips on mine again for many months. I couldn't believe my luck really.

"So, what do you want to do?" I asked when I had regained my senses.

"I'm okay to stay here all day," he said, his low voice sending me into overdrive. He brushed my hair behind my ear and smiled at me. "I am hungry though."

"Do you want me to make you something?" I wasn't an amazing cook but I managed.

"Actually, maybe I'll cook you something."

I was immediately excited, knowing that he was a good cook. I mean, he was practically a chef compared to me.

"What are you going to make?"

"Some Korean food so you can finally taste it."

"I guarantee I have none of the ingredients here."

"Then let's go get them."

"Are you sure you're not too tired?"

He smiled at my concern. "I'm okay. I'm feeling renergised."

As we got up I suddenly remembered something I had got for him.

"Oh I forgot, I got you this." I pulled out a purple bucket hat with a geometric design on it. "I saw this and thought you might like it."

He put it on instantly with a wide grin. "I love it. Thank you."

He leaned in and pecked me on the lips, giving me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

I took him out shopping for ingredients, coming back with bags of things I'd never used before.

"Let me help you," I said as we stood in the kitchen. "I can cut things up if you want?"

"Sure."

Showing me what he wanted, I got to work slicing and dicing. Then I sat on the counter watching him concentrate on cooking.

"Is it gonna be spicy?"

"A bit, why?"

"I'm not good with spice."

"I'll make it bearable." He smiled softly.

When the meal was done, he set the table with many dishes. Seeing my confusion, he explained that I had to help myself to what I wanted on my own plate.

"If you come to Korea, the food will be served like this."

"Good to know."

I made a mental note to do some research on Korea. Couldn't hurt to know more about my boyfriend's home country.

"This is really good!" I said after one bite. It was honestly like nothing I'd ever tasted before, so flavourful.

"Really? I'm glad." He beamed.

We had our fill (he definitely enjoyed not being on a diet) and then sat on the sofa to watch TV. He put his arm around me properly this time, and I felt myself heat up at the close contact.

"So, what are your plans?"

"I have a couple of ideas written down, but I'm open to anything you want to do. I just wanna spend time with you."

"Aw, you softie." I pinched his cheek and he made a funny face.

"Okay then, let's come up with something together."

When we parted that night, he held my hands in his, hesitating in the doorway, before leaning in and planting a kiss on my lips.

"I'm so happy I get to do that," he whispered before leaving.

I could barely sleep thinking about everything that had happened in just one day. Seeing Kibum again was so unexpected, and yet it felt so right. He was now my boyfriend, and that made me feel so excited for the future.