Chapter 67: Breaking Point

Start from the beginning

I couldn't help but smile. If there was one thing you can always count on, it's Pyrrha being too kind for this world. We were finally getting closer to the elevator. I was ready to get back above ground. Never again did I ever want to go underground. Ozpin pressed the button for the elevator and the doors opened.

We all piled in and sat through the long ride up. To my surprise, Ironwood stood next to me. It made me want out of the elevator considering that me and Ironwood liked each other about as much as we liked Grimm in general. The silence was uncomfortable but stayed stoic. I didn't want to give him a inch.

Ironwood: This explains why Ozpin has so much trust for you....

Y/n: Guess so....

Ironwood: This changes nothing.... Your still just another killer-

Qrow: HEY!

In a instant, Qrow was in his face. The elevator was small to begin with but these two were practically nose to nose now. Qrow was ready to wring his neck when Goodwitch stepped in.

Goodwitch: Both of you, knock it off! There are students present!

Goodwitch wasn't taking a side, but the downright viscous look she gave Ironwood said enough. I didn't need Qrow to fight my battles obviously, but I was a little happy that he did. Weiss may have been right about letting him in. The elevator doors opened right as I remembered a minor detail....

Y/n: Pyrrha, isn't the singles rounds going to be held tonight?

Pyrrha: Yes.

I looked at my scroll and I was a shocked to find that Pyrrha was about to be late.

Y/n: It's seven-fifty! You got to go!

Pyrrha sat there for a second before the meaning hit her. Everyone got out of the elevator except for Pyrrha and I before she hit the button for the first floor.

Pyrrha: I can't believe that I forgot about it!

Y/n: There was a lot going on. Besides, if it's anyones fault, it was Ozpins for calling you when he did.

Pyrrha: But it was important compared to the tournament....

Y/n: Yeah admittedly but this was something that you were looking forward to.

The elevator doors opened Pyrrha and I booked it out to the landing pads. We made it there in record time. Funnily enough, the pilot recognized Pyrrha and the fact that the singles were about to start. This guy was already lifting off the second we were on the Bullhead. I took a second to slide him a tip for being such a bro. I went back to Pyrrha, who was jittering nervously.

Y/n: I've never seen you so jittery.

Pyrrha: ....I'm going to be late....

Y/n: The pilot knows what's up, he's going to get you there as fast as he can.

Pyrrha: That doesn't really help....

Y/n: It's not going to be too long, you'll make it.

Pyrrha didn't look entirely convinced. We were cutting it pretty close. If we made it, she would have barely any time to get to the arena. I sat next to her, just hoping that we could get there faster. It was agonizing.

The pilot called back to us that we were getting close. This man deserves a raise. Pyrrha and I were standing near the door, ready to go. The instant the Bullhead landed Pyrrha sprinted away. I took my time since I didn't have to rush anymore. Pyrrha was here and the rest was up to her. I got to the stands and looked around.

Everyone was hanging out where they normally were. Front row seats with the best view of the action. The only one missing was Yang. None of the contenders were coming out yet so I could only assume that she was going to be in the arena. I made my way to them, just as the contenders started coming out.