The Revelation

Long chapter, but hope you enjoy it!

——————————————————————————————

"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite." ― Bertrand Russell.

~

The revelation of Porsche's past left Kinn grappling with a maelstrom of emotions, ranging from guilt to sadness to anger. What's more, Porsche's behavior has changed dramatically, and he no longer knows how to act around him. He went from being angry to being loving in an instant. Everyone's tip-toeing around him. Kinn is often oblivious to whether he has done something wrong. Porsche's words can be painful, but he makes an effort to detach himself and see things from his perspective.

"What's wrong with you?" Porsche screamed at the sight of Kinn. He wrinkled his nose in revulsion at the offensive odor. Kinn took a whiff of himself, but there was no peculiar odor to be found.

"Why would you wear such a disgusting cologne?" Porsche said, annoyed.

Kinn stood, his mind racing to make sense of the situation.

"It's disgusting. "Can you please throw it away and change your cloth?" Porsche asked, trying not to breathe through his nose. "And take a shower,"

"You're the one who bought me this and warned me to always wear it," Kinn said, looking puzzled.

"Well, I don't anymore," Porsche huffed out of the room and went downstairs, leaving Kinn bewildered.

"What just happened?" Kinn muttered to himself, his brow furrowed in confusion.

***

"Good morning," Edward said to Porsche as he walked into the dining room.

Porsche sunk into the chair, choosing to say nothing in response. He was still annoyed at Kinn. The table was a cornucopia of color, with juices, tea in delicate porcelain cups, rich coffee in a gleaming carafe, and an assortment of breakfast treats to suit every palate. Porsche's face immediately twisted into a frown.

"Why does this house always want to feed me the things that you guys like? Am I a breeding chicken in your eyes?" Porsche snapped. "Why no one asks me what I WANT? I don't even like any of these. What if I have allergies?" he said, pointing to the food on the table.

Kinn was perplexed as the table was adorned with all things Porsche loved. Every single bit of it.

"Sorry, Love," Kinn apologized, his voice tinged with confusion. "What would you like to eat for breakfast? I'll make one for you,"

"Took you long enough," Porsche muttered quietly to himself. He sulked, arms crossed, and a pout on his face. Kinn reached out for Porsche's hand, but he quickly withdrew, leaving his fingertips grasping at nothing.

"I'm sorry. Tell me, Please. I promise it won't happen again, okay?"

Porsche slowly repositioned himself to face Kinn.

"Milk. Spicy Fried rice with shrimp. Crispy tofu. Stuffed chill peppers," Porsche listed, his eyes lighting up with delight.

"Okay," Kinn says as he rises from his seat. "I'll get you milk first. Warm or cold?"

"Warm," Porsche replied while twirling a fork around on the table. "Salt, but just a pinch. A little honey. Oh, and add cinnamon...and....a little red pepper. I want a spicy milk,"

Kinn fought the urge to grimace and gave a nod instead.

"What?" Porsche shouted incredulously. From the look on his face, it was clear kinn had something to say. "Is that too much work for you?"