Hurt

"The world is so unpredictable. Things happen suddenly, unexpectedly. We want to feel we're in control of our own existence. In some ways, we are, in some ways we're not. We are ruled by the forces of chance and coincidence." — Paul Auster.

Sleeping peacefully in his bed, Porsche was cradling a pillow to his chest. The sun was beaming through the window, causing the man to stir. He groaned when the first beam of sunlight hit his face. Picking up his alarm clock on his nightstand, Porsche looked at the time.

"Ugh, why is it so early?" He put the clock back on the surface and sat up slowly.

He winced in pain as he placed his hand on his throbbing head.

"I swear if I ever drink again,"

He dragged himself out of his cozy bed and shuffled over to the seating area, and took out two pills to take, pouring water into a glass.

Once he took his medicine, he walked to his bathroom to take a warm shower.

After half an hour, he stepped out of the shower, feeling refreshed and invigorated, the steam still swirling around him. He wrapped a towel around his waist and made his way to the wardrobe to get ready for the day.

***

"Where is my old man?" Porsche asks looking around the dining room.

Erica, their maid, looks back at him, looking puzzled.

"Where is my husband?" Porsche asks again.

"Khun Kinn left early in the morning,"

"Did he have breakfast?" Porsche asks, taking a bite of the French toast, he savored the sweet and cinnamon flavors.

"No sir,"

He sighed heavily. No one drives him crazy as his husband. He is aware of Kinn's recent experiences of loss of appetite and dizziness.

"Does he have to sulk on an empty stomach?" Porsche complained.

Porsche took a sip of the freshly squeezed orange juice and was struck by the intense citrus flavor. Unlike his husband, who prefers the bitterness of black coffee, he enjoys the sweetness and tang of morning juice.

***

From the backseat of the car, Porsche watches the passing world through the window. He pondered whether he should drop by Kinn's office or not. The man habitually conceals himself in his office whenever they fight. Although their life is full of turbulence, he really did a number on last night.. The voice in his head persists, defying his attempts to ignore it.

"I don't care, I don't care, I don't care," Porsche muttered.

He pulled out his phone and call his secretary.

"Lu, I'll be late today, so cancel my morning meeting. Also, tell Mark to reach out to Daniel and set up a meeting for later today," Porsche said over the phone.

"sure,"

"Thank you," he ended the call.

***

Carrying a takeout bag and coffee, Porsche took the elevator to his husband's office floor. It's been a while since he came here. He was hesitant to come here, but ultimately yielded. Memories rush back to him of how he used to come here to drag Kinn out for lunch with him. Kinn tends to overlook his own well-being while working, therefore Porsche strived to make him break this habit. Their elevator rendezvous was electrifying.

The audible "ding" of the elevator jolts him back to reality.

"Good morning, Khun Porsche," Kinn's secretary Ken greets with a smile.