19| not bad for an old man.

Frankie Jones

Harry and I have started running 5ks in the morning before we head to the track. There's a pretty cool coffee shop that we pass so we stopped there yesterday for breakfast and decided we'd do the same today. Although, waking up to go straight for a run on an empty stomach makes me miss the smoothies Harry would order in the morning.

'You can't keep up with me now you're retired.' I chuckled, stopping outside the cafe ahead of Harry.

'You act like I'm an old man.' Harry shook his head, stopping when he finally caught up to me. 'I'm only a couple years years older than you Frankie. I'm not a dinosaur.'

'Three years.' I reminded him jokingly 'Kidding, you're pretty good for a man in his thirties.'

'I'm thirty one!' He exclaimed back as I opened the door to walk inside.

I wasn't sure what to have for breakfast, Harry ordered a black coffee and a pain au chocolat. Part of me wished I could still drink coffee like I used to, it just makes me too anxious now and it sucks. I ordered a decaf vanilla latte and a croissant, accepting defeat with my caffeine intake because I feel like even the littlest bit puts me so on edge.

We sat down at a table outside, making the most of the fact that it's good enough weather to do that over here. Harry took his cap off and placed it down on the table, he doesn't go anywhere without that cap, uses it to keep his hair out of his face rather than keep the sun out of his eyes. I suggested getting a haircut but god forbid he cuts those precious curls, he was insulted I had even suggested it.

'I like it here.' Harry said, a smile on his face as he sat contently with his coffee and pastry. 'Feels so simple.'

'Yeah, I get that.' I agreed. 'I don't really like London, I'm not gonna lie. That's why I stay out of the city.'

'Part of me likes the hustle and bustle though,' Harry shrugged. 'But then part of me likes this, the peacefulness and you don't get this in London. Well, you would but you'd have queues of traffic in front of you and a million other people...I don't know, I like both just...I like it here.'

'Don't have the pressures of being at home when you're abroad.' I said through a sigh. 'You don't know as many people here, it's comforting.'

'True. They're different places, I like both.' Harry smiled. 'My mum stays in the countryside so I get the best of both worlds I guess. I like being in Barcelona though, it's nice.'

Another factor to consider when debating living in London or staying in a different country, is the fact that in London Harry and I have greater difficulty spending time with one another. It's purely work when we're back home but abroad, we're here in hotels for the whole week, we have time to kill and only each others company. As much As i hate to admit it, perhaps that's why I like being in hotels and in foreign countries recently.

Alice and I called each other last night, she let me know that whilst she would've come to Spain, she thinks Harry and I have things to sort out between us both and apparently it goes better when we're abroad. She says she's sensed a slight unresolved tension so she didn't want to come with us and make it worse. Alice also sometimes like to play a relationship coach, so she bought I'd have some big news to tell her about the development of Harry and I's nonexistent relationship.

After we finished our breakfast we finished our run and continued on to the track where we'd make use of the gym and continue training because I was convinced I was going to break this record. Now that the idea is in my head, I have to do it.

I could be the first person to break the record for the 100, 200, and 400 all in one Olympic Games. The record for each is held by the same woman but was achieved 8 years apart. I could do it in one week and become the first person to ever do that, and also become the new record holder. Now that it's in my head, I want to do it so badly.