Sure enough, it was Fu Rushen who was the one causing the trouble.

Ning Xiuyun chuckled and asked, "If I hadn't chosen you that day, would you have gone to Southern Xinjiang?"

Jian Xun didn't think this was something that couldn't be said. According to his observations for many days, His Royal Highness was not a narrow-minded person. A person would definitely not be angry just because he had the idea of ​​joining the fifth prince.

So he said calmly: "Exactly."

Ning Xiuyun sighed and said with emotion: "A person like Gu has two royal brothers, but only Gu occupies the position of prince by virtue of his direct status. He can't be civilized or martial. Just, everyone in the world says that Gu is a mediocre person, and there is no place worth following."

These words are not nonsense made by Ning Xiuyun, but the real situation faced by the original owner.

The original Ning Yuan was the seventh prince of the Jiaxing Emperor of the Daqi Dynasty. He also had two concubine brothers, the third prince Ning Yanxiang and the fifth prince Ning Chuqing. The other brothers all died young, and even Ning Yuan was the Jiaxing Emperor's son. The old man is more than eight years older than the nearest fifth prince.

The Jiaxing Emperor's descendants were not rich, but they were by no means few.

The third prince, Ning Yanxuan, was known to be talented and learned. He was sent by Emperor Jiaxing to be in charge of the Ministry of Rites and had a great reputation.

As for the Fifth Prince Ning Chuqing, he followed his grandfather to the frontiers when he was young. He grew up in Southern Xinjiang and later naturally took over the military power in Southern Xinjiang.

The two men had their own advantages in both civil and military affairs, but compared to Ning Yuan, who had to rely on Pei Yan as his confidant for everything and had no advantages, it seemed that these two were more suitable to inherit the throne.

The courtiers thought so, and the people thought so, but Emperor Jiaxing was the only one who was like lard and had no intention of giving up after he became the crown prince.

It was as if he was waiting for his mediocre son to be polished into a shining jewel like a rough stone.

Emperor Jiaxing probably didn't expect that the inside of the original stone he was looking forward to had been changed. Even the layers of disguise could not cover up the splendor from the inside out.

Ning Xiuyun also thought about whether the original person would have turned around if he had not died of that serious illness.

——Probably not. After all, no matter how long the stone is left, it will still be just a stone, just like the ending of the original book.

Ning Xiuyun said this with obvious self-deprecation, and the two guards behind him frowned.

Jian Xun also shook his head after hearing this and said, "This subordinate have eyes and can see for themselves. Your Highness treats me with kindness, is as considerate as my hair, and loves the people like a son. It is different from the rumors." 

To be fair, there are very few things about the prince. See the usual contemptuous attitude of those in power.

Only during the confrontation with Fu Rushen at the Jie Feng Banquet did he reveal his deep and unfathomable feelings.

Jian Xun didn't have the slightest fondness for the Daqi royal family, but if it was someone like the prince, he would be willing and not disgusted.

Ning Xiuyun chuckled softly and said, "I didn't give you any candied fruit tonight?"