Shen San, who was driving the car, had not returned to the imperial court for a long time, and this time he just reported all his recent gains.

Shen San said: "Pei San didn't have any special reaction. I went out to listen to a storyteller once, and he didn't seem disgusted or agreed. Many people in the motorcade came and asked Pei San if he had separated from you, and Pei San retorted. "

Shen San was still a little confused when he said this. Pei Yan's reaction was completely different from what he thought. He originally thought that Pei San had received cold looks from His Highness the Crown Prince several times, and his attitude towards the Crown Prince would definitely become indifferent.

In fact, Pei Yan acted like a normal person and acted as if he was loyal to His Highness the Crown Prince, which made people confused.

Ning Xiuyun in the carriage pondered for a moment and said, "Let him go. If he does anything unusual, you have to report it immediately." 

"I understand." Shen San asked respectfully, "Sir, what are we going to do next? Where to go?"

"Just go to... the Sheriff's Mansion." Ning Xiuyun leaned back on the chair behind him and closed his eyes to rest.

After being in Jiangcheng for so many days, it was time to do some serious business.

After receiving the order, Shen San immediately turned the direction of the carriage and drove towards the Jiangcheng County Sheriff's Mansion.

The Sheriff's Mansion is located in the center of Jiangcheng. Compared with the mansions of various aristocratic families, the Sheriff's Mansion seems very shabby.

When Ning Xiuyun got off the carriage, he saw that the vermilion paint on the main entrance and the plaque was almost gone, and the two stone lions at the entrance also showed a sign of old age, as if they would immediately disintegrate after a few more rains.

Ning Xiuyun was wearing a black uniform with brocade embroidered patterns. Only the belt was embroidered with the same dark pattern as the python robe. He looked very low-key, only the iron face on his face was a bit eye-catching.

But fortunately, the gate of the Sheriff's Mansion is very deserted. It stands in the bustling city, but it seems to have a majestic aura in silence, so that even if the people pass by this place, they will subconsciously hold their breath and silence.

Fu Rushen's reputation among the people of Jiangcheng is indeed very good, and most people are willing to sell Mr. Fu a piece of noodles.

Ning Xiuyun stared at the plaque for a while, waited until Shen San parked the carriage, and then strode forward.

When several guards in front of the main gate saw someone approaching, they immediately came forward to greet them, holding swords with the backs of the swords facing outward. They also had a very kind attitude: "Sir, if you have a complaint, you can beat the drum to complain. If you have nothing important, don't go to the governor's house. Wandering in front of the door."

Ning Xiuyun was holding a folding fan in his hand, and he looked like a wealthy and romantic young man. Before he could speak, Shen San, who was behind him, stepped forward and showed the waistband in his hand to the guard. .

There is a gold tassel hanging on the waistband and a small dragon pendant, and the big golden characters on the front are "Yu".

This is the emperor's imperial order. It was given to the prince by Emperor Jiaxing when he left the capital. Seeing this order is like seeing the holy emperor coming in person.

Ning Xiuyun came here with the imperial order so formally in order to inspect the governor's mansion in accordance with the rules of the southern tour.

The purpose of the southern tour is nothing more than to go deep among the people and understand their sentiments. According to previous practice, Ning Xiuyun needs to inspect all administrative agencies in Jiangcheng, including the county governor's office, yamen, garrison camps, etc.