Chapter 53

Akina had already used up a lot of chakra with Kakashi. Her legs were shaking, and the screams of the residents could still be heard all around. Kakashi held his left eye to take some of the strain off the sharingan. Pain looked like he hadn't spent a single chakra.

The kunai in Akina's leg pocket were also spent. Several scrapes and wounds adorned her body. Her clothes were filthy and some of them were also completely riddled with holes. "We can't stall him much longer," Akina breathed. "He doesn't know where Naruto is yet." said Kakashi who stood a little in front of them. "I don't have much chakra left, but I want to try one more thing."

Questioningly, Akina looked at her partner. "And what?" "We have to stop him from using his hands." "And how are you going to do that?" "If you still have strength I want you to keep him busy." "You're seriously telling me to still use my tiny chakra?" she asked critically. "We have no other choice." "Alright then...", Akina muttered, hoping that her chakra would be enough for this.

Before she could attack, Pain looked around. What did he have now? "From the looks of it, I'm going to end it now," he spoke calmly, raising his hands. Not even a second later, both Jonin were flung back and trapped in rubble. Akina's body ached, trying to get out of this mess. "Kakashi?" the Uchiha asked. "M..I'm fine..." Relieved, Akina exhaled and managed to free one arm.

Pain held a small nail and shot it towards Kakashi. "Kakashi!" screamed Akina, trying to free herself. She paused as his head lolled into the back of her neck. "Kakashi!" Tears flowed down her cheeks which were guided with anger. "I'm going to kill you!" the Uchiha screamed. "Akina..." whispered Kakashi, looking to her with his sharingan. The Uchiha's eyes widened. Had he been using Kamui, for instance? "It looks like I'll have to kill you another way," Pain spoke, holding a metal rod in his hands and coming closer.

Akina wouldn't let him do it and tried to free her second arm. The closer Pain came the more scared she got. She couldn't let Kakashi die. She would have liked to use her Susanoo, but she had no more chakra to use for her Sharingan. Briefly, she closed her eyes and tried to make her finger signs with one hand.

When Pain reached Kakashi, she took a deep breath. "Jutsu of the flaming fireball.", she thought and used her last chakra for this jutsu. Black flames that had a light orange hit Paine's body. She had given everything for her Amaterasu to come out more. The corners of her mouth lifted when she saw the flames hit. Even Kakashi had opened his eyes in surprise.

Pain didn't even appear to be hit by the flames. His head turned to Akina who could barely keep her eyes open. "Nice try." he spoke, lunging and stabbing Kakashi with his metal staff. "No, Kakashi!" the Uchiha screamed. Why did everyone she knew have to die? She couldn't even save her partner. Maybe Sasuke was right after all and she was too weak.

Footsteps approached the Uchiha and as she looked up, the Rinnegan stared into her dark eyes. "Nah go finish it!" she growled angrily. She didn't stand a chance either way. "You I will not kill Akina Uchiha. I've wanted you in our organization for a long time, and since Itachi is no longer with us, we can use an Uchiha just fine." "I will never come to Akatsuki!" Pain showed no reaction at her response. "You will come to us Akina Uchiha. If not all your friends will die. Or maybe Sasuke too."

"If you harm one hair on their head!" she shouted angrily. "Then I swear to you Pain that you will beg for help when I attack you with my Susanoo!" Pain just looked at the Uchiha before disappearing. He didn't care what she said. He would carry out his plan either way. He'll still make her come to Akatsuki.

"Is anyone here?", Akina heard and listened up. She knew that voice after all. "Choji!" she called out, getting his attention. He quickly ran toward the Uchiha and enlarged his hand. "I'm going to get you out of here. What about Sensei Kakashi?" he asked immediately as he helped the Uchiha out. "He..He's dead..." "What?!" he exclaimed loudly. How could that have happened? "We were fighting one of the Pains. We didn't stand a chance." Understanding, Choji nodded and helped Akina up. "The villagers and children are safe. Pain found out where Naruto is," he spoke. "Where are the others?" asked Akina, seeing Someone up in the sky.

"Who's that?" asked Choji. Akina couldn't even answer his question anymore. Pain slapped his hands together which caused a blast wave and destroyed all of Konoha.