Chapter 24

Akina quickly ran out of the apartment she had with Sasuke. She had noticed that he was leaving the apartment and ran after him. Deep inside she hoped that he would not go to Orochimaru. Just before the forest, she grabbed his wrist as she was still able to catch up.

"Why are you leaving?" she asked him. "You know why. But you can't understand! Why don't you hate Itachi!!! Why do you pretend it didn't happen!!!" he yelled at her. "Because revenge won't do any good Sasuke.", she said softly. She still couldn't tell him the truth. It was forbidden. "Tsss and you're supposed to be my sister?" he asked spitefully, glaring at her. "You are weak Akina! And weakness will never get you anywhere!" he roared before turning his back on her. Even though he loved her cheerful nature, he had to leave her alone.

She had to let him go, because she could never change his mind. Akina had always noticed it and had tried everything. He would realize one day what a mistake he was making and she could only give him her hand when he needed it.

When the Uchiha arrived home and closed the door behind her, she began to cry. Now she had lost her whole family and was alone from today on. First she lost Shisui and after him Itachi. Now she had to watch Sasuke leave her, even though she wanted to protect him. She never felt so alone and how much she wished Itachi was with her now. How she wished he would stroke her hair to soothe her. How he whispered words to her so she could fall asleep. But none of that would ever happen. She had to deal with being the last Uchiha in the village. She only hoped that Tsunade would show mercy no matter what Sasuke might do.

Together with Neji, Akina had visited her friend Lee. Since Tsunade had treated him, he had made great progress. However, he had to be careful not to overdo it. The three were just about to climb the last flight of stairs when a group called out to Neji. Akina could see Kiba, Naruto and Shikamaru among them. Whatever they were up to, Akina would not stop them. With Lee, she stood at the main gate where Shikamaru explained his plan. They had picked up Choji on the way. The Uchiha had listened to the Nara and closed her eyes.

So they should get Sasuke back. That would never work no matter what they tried. Neji looked at the black-haired woman and put a hand on her shoulder. "We'll get your brother back," he smiled. Akina thought it was sweet that he was so confident. Even though she knew the team would come back without him she smiled as well. "Good luck.", she spoke and let the group go.

Akina tried to calm Sakura down a bit who couldn't stop crying. Even if she could understand it, she couldn't understand why one had to cry like that. Shortly the Uchiha looked at Lee who was looking into the forest and thinking. She knew that look and looked sternly at her friend. "Forget it Lee, you're on bed rest!" she grumbled which made me grin a little. "Don't worry about it. I'm not going anywhere."

Not even hours later, Lee's hospital bed was empty. Akina could really turn this boy's head off! "Why what happens when he drinks alcohol?" asked Tsunade when she realized that he hadn't taken any medicine with him. Guy's expression darkened. "Then he uses his drunking master fist." he said explaining what happened the first time Lee had alcohol. Akina had to stifle a laugh. She could picture Lee so well and inwardly begged that he would survive it.

Sasuke had never seen his sister fight. He didn't know what she could do but in his eyes she was weak. Even Naruto was not strong enough to fight him. Orochimaru would give him more strength and when he got to him he was looked at by him with a grin.

"It's nice that you could come. It's just too bad you didn't bring your sister," the Sanin said, somewhat disappointed. "She's weak! She doesn't want to kill Itachi!" Orochimaru grinned. So Akina knew why Itachi was destroying his clan. "You don't know how strong your sister really is Sasuke. She got her Sharingan when she was two years old. The very day the Kyubi attacked the village. At five, she awakened her Magekyou Sharingan to protect her friends, who certainly didn't know about it. She was already further along than Itachi as a little girl and could be stronger than him," Orochimaru grinned and Sasuke's eyes widened a bit.

"They say that her Susanoo would be unbeatable and would stop at nothing," the snake added. Why had she never told him about this? He had called her weak even though she was stronger than Itachi. He could feel the anger inside him. He would catch up to her and show her that he could become just as strong. Sasuke didn't know then how wrong he had been. Orochimaru was sure that Akatsuki would soon know about the girl. He had instructed Kabuto to give Sasorti a little hint. Itachi Uchiha could not protect his little sister much longer, that much was certain.