Chapter 48

The next day flew by. TenTen had seen that Akina looked very happy and had asked her about it. Laughing, she had told her that she was enjoying it with Neji, but TenTen had not said exactly what she meant. Only in the face of her friend could be seen that she knew what had happened. Although TenTen wanted to know how it was, the Uchiha remained silent. She didn't want to make it public that she had slept with Neji.

When Akina was asked to join Tsunade, she ran straight to the hogaketower. She hadn't had a big mission in a long time and she didn't have to do one with Kakashi either. He was busy with his team which she could well understand. "You called me?" grinned Akina as she opened the door. "Good thing you could come. I have a task for you.", the Senju spoke right away.

Waiting, Akina looked at the Hokage. "I want you to get these plants for me." "Why me and not Sakura?" she asked immediately. "Because Sakura still has to do something different. Besides, I still have to tell you that Sasuke killed Orochimaru." Akina's eyes widened and she tried to get her breathing under control. He had killed the snake? How had he managed to do that?

"Akina these plants are very important. With your sharingan, I'm sure it will be easy for you to find them." Akina nodded and took the pictures which Tsunade held out to her. Some of them she already knew as she expanded her knowledge. "Bring me as many as you can." There was still one question left for the Uchiha, which she asked right away. "Why do you need them so badly?" Was Tsunade up to something? "I just want to be prepared, that's all." Somehow Akina had the feeling that the senju was not telling like truth.

Since it was classified by her as a mission the Uchiha had no choice but to take this on. At home she got her backpack and some provisions. One could never know how long it would take. Even if it took Akina a few hours she didn't want to starve right away. "Are you going on a mission?" she heard Neji's voice and had to smile. "Yes but nothing special. I'm going to get some plants for Tsunade. I'll be back tonight for sure." she promised and gave him a quick kiss.

"You have to get plants by yourself?" he smirked. "Yeah for Tsunade it's kind of important that it has to be now. Oh I have a good excuse too if I bring flowers for you guys," she laughed. Neji should have known she wasn't taking this mission that seriously. He didn't have to worry about her either. What was going to happen there?

"Well then I have to go, or it's going to be really late." "I didn't mean to keep you," Neji smiled. "Oh well, I'm sure I'll make up for the time," the Uchiha said casually, giving Neji another kiss before leaving the village.

The sun was shining especially bright today, and Akina had to think of Shisui again. Shortly she had to smile when she thought of her nickname. Shisui had really found the right name for her. Arriving in the forest, Akina exhaled deeply once more. "Nah then let's go."