Chapter 16: Pay the price with your life

Start from the beginning

I was stuck on what to do, when they just came at me I was fine, but, when they all come down at once I don't know what to do. If I don't do something now though, me and anyone in this building will die! This building will be obliterated!

I got my katana ready to try and deflect it, when it came time to slash I went in a circular motion around me trying my best to cut all of the sash, when I did it seemed too easy... I had closed my eyes so I opened them back up and saw phoenix had cut from above while I cut from below, but he didn't have the girl!

He landed beside me and I spoke up.

"What did you do with the girl?!" I yelled frantically, he furrowed his brows.

"I've hidden her in a boat, I double checked everything and she should be safe there." He responded getting his blade in a fighting position.

"How did you two slash that?! That was my greatest move! You shitheads, I'll kill the both of you, you filthy bottom feeders!" Sirius screamed, his tone full of rage. He sent more attacks, each attack being in weird patterns, but we were able to slash them all.

'They're so fast, how will I keep up?!' Sirius thought as he panicked. Eventually I slipped past one of his attacks and landed quietly behind him, though somehow he hadn't noticed, so I took ot to my advantage to sneak attack him.

'Wait... Where is that white and green haired girl?!' He thought confused right before a sword slammed into his shoulder. The force made him slam into the ground, with the sword still pressed against his shoulder he screamed in surprise, he looked up to see me trying to cut through him, it was working, I was cutting through him, we're gonna win!

"How stupid are you to think that you possibly could kill me!" He yelled, his sash coming for me, I was nervous but kept my sword against him. Luckily phoenix cut through all the sash that came our way.

"Ghhhh... Get off of me you bastard!" He kept screaming trying to get up, but his attempts only made my sword go deeper into his shoulder.

"No, for every life you've taken you will pay the price with your life! All those children and hunters you killed... Will not receive justice unless I kill you now!" I yelled using every ounce of strength and finally cutting through him entirely.

"Gyah!!" he yelled in surprise, the sash that were coming at us fell limp and started to fade.

"We did it, we completed our first mission..." Phoenix said quietly.

"We did didn't we?" I responded, as we jumped off the roof onto the hard dirt path we heard the demon yell at us.

"Get back here! I'm stronger than the both of you, I will find a way to kill you! You stupid low life's!" Sirius yelled as he faded slowly.

"Will you shut up, I don't have time to listen to your whining." Phoenix said running over to where his head was slicing it up, so that way he couldn't talk anymore.

"Well that was gruesome." I said as phoenix came back my way.

"He was annoying." Phoenix responded walking past me over to the dock where he hid the girl.

"Psst, girl, it's safe to come out now." Phoenix said as the girl slowly peaked her head out of the boat. Slowly she crawled out of it and came to us.

"Did you find my sister from that evil man?" She said, phoenix looked down and I just looked at her sadly, this is just cruel, why do demons exist?

"I am sorry young one, but we were not able to find your beloved sister." Phoenix said, the girl looked up at him, and began to cry.

It truly was a sad thing to witness, seeing a girl no older than 5 crying because of the pure evil in this world taking away her sister.

"Bella! Bella!" We heard a woman yell we looked over and saw the girls mother we had also seen from before.

"Oh bella, there you are!" She said as she ran to the girl, with the name of bella.

"Mommy... T- they couldn't find sissy, and neither could i... I'm so sorry mommy...!" Bella wailed in her mothers arms as they both cried, I could feel myself tearing up too. I looked over and saw phoenix angry. He held his head low with a visible expression of hatred.

"Well we have to get going, but we can walk you home." I requested to the mother and girl.

"Eh, Alright, t-thank you miss." The mother said with a trembly voice.

......

After we walked the family home, we began to leave Swanosea. The sun was beginning to rise slowly, shedding light on the dark sky.

......

End of chapter 16: Pay the price with your life

New chapter coming soon!

Chapter 17: azalea?

......