Chapter 1: Weird dream

......
She was running in the forest, seemingly afraid of something and saw a building, she ran into it but it seemed to have no end. After what seemed like forever she saw an exit but when she opened it she was back outside but instead of being in a forest she was in a town, she looked around and noticed a man with blue and black hair, his hair was weird, and his overall appearance was strange and not human.

"Wha-"

She tried to speak but then noticed multiple people in odd uniforms most had horrible wounds and were drenched in blood. She noticed the weird looking man and that the odd uniformed people were trying to kill each other.

"What is happening? Why are they attacking each other? This is wrong!"

"Then why don't you step in?"

"What?" The girl mumbles, confused at who said that, she turns around and notices a tall woman with black and orange hair staring at her, the girls deep orange eyes piercing through her. She was also uniformed.

"Step in. If you think this is so wrong why not step in?" The woman says furrowing her brows, the other girl looks at the scene before her, then to the direction of the building, which oddly enough disappeared, then she looks back at the girl.

"I... I have that choice? Somebody like me can really step in?" The girl asks hesitantly.

"Kareu Mizuki, you have to have the choice, and your decision can change humanity." A man says behind the black and orange haired girl. Kareu can't see him but his voice echoes and it's a beautiful voice, it's deep but the man is softspoken.

Kareu looks over and sees more people dying, she furrows her brows, closes her eyes, and looks away.

......

As she slowly woke up and looked at the ceiling above her.

'Oh,it was just a dream... But what did it mean?" She said as she rose out of bed and put on her dress. She walked down the stairs and saw the boy from her dream but he looked completely normal, his name was Phoenix, Phoenix Charizuki. He had dark skin and had black short hair pulled in a small, messy ponytail with beautiful purple eyes that shone like crystals. He turned over to her and smiled at her while eating.

"Hello Kareu good morning, mom and Mary made breakfast and we'd like you to join us!" He said sometimes mumbling and slurring since he was eating with food in his mouth.

"Phoenix, have manners." his mom said snapping her fingers at him. Kareu got food, sat down, and began to eat, it was quiet for a few minutes until Kareu spoke

"So phoenix." Kareu started."do you have work today?"

"Yup" He said simply.

"Why?"

"Well I'd like to come with you, see if maybe two peoples worth of work could help you get any more money, or if possibly they'll allow me to get a job. I mean it's just printing newspapers and sending them out to be sold, can't be hard, right?"

She said kind of contradicting what she said wondering if it really is easy.

"Well the printing is the annoying part." Phoenix stated

" But, once you've done that just send 'em out."He said blinking slowly.

"But, you can come I suppose I don't really mind and I'm sure the other guys wouldn't either." He said standing up to go clean his dish.

"Can I come to?" Mary, his younger sister said

"No you may not." Phoenixes mother said sternly

"B-But why?!" Mary exclaimed.

"Because, the press is no place for a little girl. You'll get ink and grime all over you. Plus, you'll get in his way I'm sure."

"But Kareu gets to go!"

"But I know she won't get in his way." Her mother argued back.

"Hey." Phoenix stated getting his sisters attention.

"If you stay here, and behave well for mother, I'll buy you the book you've been wanting." He said booping his sisters nose. She had the same purple eyes as him and they lit up when he said that.

"Wait..Really?!" she exclaimed excitedly.

"Why of course, you're my sister and I'd do anything for my sister." He said with a little close-eyed smile.

"Okay I'll be good for mother I swear!" Mary said jumping with excitement. Phoenixes mother looked at her son and mouthed a 'Thank you' to which he nodded giggling a little and then left with Kareu.

........

It's been a few hours and it's almost time for his shift to end, through out the day he would print and I would hand out the papers to the newspaper boys.

"Kareu" phoenix said to me,to which I turned around

"Yes?"

"Its time we close up and go."

"Alright." I said going over to help him clean the place a bit, once we finished we put up the closed sign and left, when walking we passed by our friend Nora's house and we saw her sitting in a tree, and she had spotted us.

"Oh, Kareu, Phoenix! Come here!" She said jumping out of the tree she was resting in.

"Whatcha need?" Phoenix spoke as we got closer

" I was wondering if you guys could stay the night!"

"Eh? We never planned this though.." I said to which phoenix nodded.

" I know but I just am worried something will happen since its night time and y'know.. Demons?"

'Demons..'

I thought, my parents were both murdered by demons when I was a kid and since then I've lived with phoenix.

"Oh, yeah I know what you mean." Phoenix said, there was awkward silence for a moment.

"Sooo.. What do you say?" She says.

Me and phoenix think for a moment but eventually we both agree, though phoenix is worried he will worry his mom and sister but he decides to push past that since we'd be back by tomorrow morning.

" I got some fruit here, eat up." Nora said giving us food, we ate and spoke to each other about our day and eventually went to lay in bed to sleep. While trying to sleep the dream came into my mind.

"Guys." I whispered.

"yeah?" They both said in unison.

"I had a dream.. I don't understand it, there were weird dressed people, and what looked like maybe demons? There was a girl and she was beautiful, and this man who I couldn't see. It was all so strange. What could it mean?" I say amazed, confused, and a little worried.

I'm sure it was just a nightmare, nothing more." Phoenix said to which nora did a small hum in agreement.

"you're probably just paranoid, you probably need sleep." said Nora.

'She was probably right.' I thought. Eventually we all fell asleep, I wonder what tomorrow will bring...

END OF CHAPTER 1: WEIRD DREAM
..............

Next chapter coming soon!

Chapter 2: What's With The Cruelty?!

!Updated!